The ITIL 4 Foundation certification is designed as an introduction to the ITIL 4 Framework. It enables candidates to look at IT service management through an end-to-end operating model for the creation, delivery and continual improvement of tech-enabled products and services.
The certification is not just designed for IT teams, as it can provide benefits to:
- Anyone who requires a basic understanding of the ITIL framework, which would include Any professionals working within an organization that has adopted ITIL
- Those who want to understand how ITIL can be used to enhance IT service management
- employees outside of IT or technical roles who are stakeholders or key resources for the delivery of IT services
The ITIL Foundation certification can benefit anyone who has an interest or a stake in IT service management.
By achieving the certification, ITIL 4 Foundation candidates have proven that they understand the following:
- A holistic approach to the facilitation of co-creation of value with customers and other stakeholders in the form of products and services
- The Guiding Principles of ITIL 4
- The Four Dimensions of Service Management
- The components of the Service Value System
- Key concepts from Lean, Agile, DevOps, and why these are important for delivering business value in modern IT Service Management
As of January 15, 2023, the ITIL 4 Foundation Certification must be renewed every three years. Please visit the ITIL Recertification page for more information.
Download our Free Prep Guide