CCNP Security candidates should have three to five years of experience implementing security solutions and a good understanding of the exam topics before taking the exam.
CCNA - Cisco Certified Network Associate
CCNA - Implementing and Administering Cisco Solutions v1.0
Core Exam (required):
Concentration Exams (choose one):
- SCOR - Implementing and Operating Cisco Security Core Technologies v1.0
- SWSA - Securing the Web with Cisco Web Security Appliance v3.0
- SVPN - Implementing Secure Solutions with Virtual Private Networks v1.0
- SISE - Implementing and Configuring Cisco Identity Services Engine v3.0
- SESA-Securing Email with Cisco Email Security Appliance V 3.1
- SSNGFW - Securing Networks with Cisco Firepower Next Generation Firewall v1.0
- SSFIPS - Securing Networks with Cisco Firepower Next-Generation IPS v4.0
- SAUI - Implementing Automation for Cisco Security Solutions v1.0
- Cisco Platinum Learning Library: Security
CCNP certification is valid for three years.
Certification holders can recertify by:
- Passing one technology core exam
- Passing any two professional concentration exams
- Passing one CCIE lab exam
- Earning 80 continuing education credits
The recertification requirements must be met prior to the certification expiration date. Individuals with expired certifications must repeat the entire certification exam process in order to regain their certification status. Learn more at the Cisco website.