The below prerequisites demonstrate the skills and knowledge that will help you achieve the AWS DevOps Engineer – Professional certification.
Required: Either the AWS Certified SysOps Adminstrator - Associate certification or the AWS Certified Developer - Associate certification.
AWS Knowledge and Experience
- AWS services: compute and networking, storage and content delivery, database, analytics, application services, and deployment and management.
- At least two years of hands-on experience with production of AWS systems.
- Effective use of Auto Scaling.
- Monitoring and logging.
- AWS security features and best practices.
- Design of self-healing and fault-tolerant services.
- Techniques and strategies for maintaining high availability
General IT Knowledge
- Networking concepts.
- Strong system administration (Linux/UNIX or Windows).
- Strong scripting skill set.
- Multitier architectures: load balancers, caching, web servers, application servers, databases and networking.
- Templates and other configurable items to enable automation.
- Deployment tools and techniques in a distributed environment.
- Basic monitoring techniques in a dynamic environment.
AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional exam
The following course helps you prepare for this certification: