Your browser is incompatible with this site. Upgrade to a different browser like Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox to experience this site.
RHCSA – Red Hat Certified System Administrator
Earn your Red Hat® Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification by passing a hands-on, lab-based exam that covers the core system administration skills Red Hat Enterprise Linux® environments require. A prerequisite for Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) certification, the RHCSA is an entry-level certification appropriate for system administrators as well as professionals in a variety of related roles, including database administrators, developers, and support technicians.
About the RHCSA Exam
To earn RHCSA certification, you must demonstrate the skills required to successfully administer Linux. The RHCSA certification exam consists of one half-day session. The exam is performance-based, meaning that you must perform tasks on a live system rather than answering multiple-choice questions. The RHCSA exam can be bundled with a class or purchased separately (EX200). Individual Exam Sessions are also available (EX200K), providing you the flexibility to take the exam on a preferred date or time.
The RHCSA exam objectives provide authoritative guidance on the knowledge and skills you will need to demonstrate in the RHCSA exam. They also provide more specific information on the exam format and coverage.
About the RHCSA Candidate
- Experienced Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administrators seeking validation of their skills
- Those who have attended Red Hat System Administration I and II
- Experienced Linux system administrators who require certification by their organization or based on a mandate, such as DOD Directive 8570
- IT professionals who are on the path to earn a Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE®) certification
- RHCEs who are non-current or who are about to become non-current and wish to re-certify as RHCEs
In order to keep the RHCSA current, you need to re-take the certification exam Red Hat Certified System Administrator (EX200) or pass any of the exams an RHCSA can apply towards earning RHCA.
For more information visit the Red Hat recertification page.