IBM Certified System Administrator - WAS Network Deployment V8.5.5 and Liberty Profile
This intermediate level certification is intended for system administrators (and system integrators, infrastructure architects, application architects and solutions architects) who perform the installation, configuration and day-to-day tasks associated with ensuring the smooth, reliable, and efficient operation of a WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment and Liberty Profile environment.
This includes tasks related to:
- Product Installation, Configuration and Maintenance
- Application Management (Assembly, Deployment and Configuration)
- Administrative Tools
- Security configuration and Maintenance
- Clustering and Workload Management
- Intelligent Management and Resiliency
- Performance Monitoring and Tuning
- Problem Determination
This system administrator is generally self-sufficient and is able to perform most of the tasks involved in the role with limited assistance from peers, product documentation and vendor support services.
To attain the IBM Certified System Administrator - WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment V8.5.5 and Liberty Profile certification, candidates must pass 1 test. To prepare for the test, it is recommended to refer to the job role description and recommended prerequisite skills, and click the link to the test below to refer to the test objectives (skills measured on the test) and the test preparation tab.
(Knowledge and foundational skills one needs to possess before acquiring skills measured on the certification test. These foundational skills are NOT measured on the test. For skills measured on the test, see Test Objectives.)
- Basic Java Enterprise Edition 6 knowledge
- Basic web application architecture and deployments
- Basic utilization of the command line interface and Jython/Jacl
- Understanding of operating systems
- Network and operating system security concepts
- Network or operating system administration and problem determination skills