AWS Certified Security - Specialty
Learn processes and best practices for securing the AWS platform.
The AWS Certified Security – Specialty certification enables tenured cloud security professional to demonstrate their ability to secure the AWS cloud.
Abilities Validated by the Certification:
- An understanding of specialized data classifications and AWS data protection mechanisms
- An understanding of data encryption methods and AWS mechanisms to implement them
- An understanding of secure Internet protocols and AWS mechanisms to implement them
- A working knowledge of AWS security services and features of services to provide a secure production environment
- Competency gained from two or more years of production deployment experience using AWS security services and features
- Ability to make tradeoff decisions with regard to cost, security, and deployment complexity given a set of application requirements
- An understanding of security operations and risk
AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
Recommended AWS Knowledge:
- A minimum of five years of IT security experience, designing and implementing security solutions.
- At least two years of hands-on experience securing AWS workloads.
- Security controls for workloads on AWS.
AWS Certified Security Specialty (SCS-C01)
The following course helps you prepare for this certification:
AWS Certifications are valid for 3 years. To maintain your AWS Certified status, you are required to periodically demonstrate your continued expertise by recertifying. Recertification helps strengthen the overall value of your AWS Certification and shows individuals and employers that your credential covers the latest AWS knowledge, skills, and best practices. Learn more at the AWS website.