Join an engaging hands-on learning environment, where you’ll learn:
- Create working Python scripts following best practices
- Use python data types appropriately
- Read and write files with both text and binary data
- Search and replace text with regular expressions
- Get familiar with the standard library and its work-saving modules
- Create "real-world", basic level professional Python applications
- Know when to use collections such as lists, dictionaries, and sets
- Understand Pythonic features such as comprehensions and iterators
- Write robust code using exception handling
This course has a 50% hands-on labs to 50% lecture ratio with engaging instruction, demos, group discussions, labs, and project work.
This course provides an excellent kick start for users new to Python and scripting, enabling you to use basic Python skills on the job in a variety of ways. You can apply the course skills to use Python in basic web development projects or automate or simplify common tasks with the use of Python scripts. This course also serves as a solid primer course / foundation for continued Python study in support for next level web development with Python, Python for data science / machine learning, or Python for systems admin or networking support.