- Articulate the relevance of core project management competences.
- Identify key project goals and assumptions and set the stage for value delivery.
- Understand how to identify stakeholders and assess how to engage with them during the project.
- Meet stakeholder informational needs by creating an actionable communication plan.
- Articulate product scope as part of the charter.
- Become familiar with the process of eliciting and capturing requirements.
- Create the WBS and dictionary that would deliver the scope in the project charter.
- Perform a more detailed and systematic assessment of risk.
- Articulate guiding quality characteristics for the project.
- Sequence activities, create schedule, and estimate the cost of the project.
- Manage change in projects.
- Track value delivery in projects.
- Understand the basics of a project retrospective.
By the end of this course, you should have gained a good understanding and experience of the core competencies that make a successful project manager.
Students pursuing a university-recognized and/or accredited certificate in Canada or continuing education units in the US must attend at least 90% of class time, participate in class exercises and section-knowledge checks, and score at least 70% on an end-of-class, multiple-choice assessment.
PMI is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
This is a BYOD course. Students should bring a PC, Mac, or tablet to class in order to access digital course materials. Students can download a copy of the course materials in their MyGK account.