Module 1 : Becoming a solution architect for Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform
- Learn about what is expected of a solution architect.
- Learn about the role of a solution architect during the project phases.
Module 2 : Discover customer needs as a Solution Architect for Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform
- Learn about initial customer discovery.
- Discover customer communication strategies.
Module 3 : Propose a solution as a Solution Architect for Microsoft Power Platform and Dynamics 365
- Identify solution components.
- Develop and validate a demo.
Module 4 : Work with requirements as a solution architect for Microsoft Power Platform and Dynamics 365
- Learn about leading requirement capture sessions.
- Learn about functional and non-functional requirements.
Module 5 : Perform fit gap analysis
- Determine feasibility of requirements.
- Refine requirements from proof of concept insights.
- Categorize business requirements and perform a fit gap analysis.
- Evaluate Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform apps.
Module 6 : Get started with Lifecycle Services for finance and operations apps
- Understand the functionality and tools of Lifecycle Services for finance and operations apps
- Reuse existing assets, copy and share data
- Understand Task recorder functionality
- Create a business process model
- Identify and analyze gaps using the Business Process Modeler
- Run the Issue Search tool and analyze results
Module 7 : Design and plan an implementation of finance and operations apps
- Prepare documentation for gathered requirements by using methodologies in Lifecycle Services.
- Define use case scenarios.
- Learn how to participate in the creation of Business requirement documents (BRD).
- Understand the importance of creating and maintaining documented processes.
- Participate in phase-based planning processes and solution design.
- Describe the future state business processes based on a proposed solution.
- Determine when to build versus buy.
- Create Functional Design Documents (FDD).
Module 8 : Translate Dynamics 365 apps and documentation with Dynamics 365 Translation Service
- Learn about the functionality and features of Dynamics 365 Translation Service.
- Submit translation requests for user interface and documentation files of supported Dynamics 365 products.
- Review and edit a translation request's output to regenerate new translations.
- Use the Align tool to create translation memory for future translation requests.
Module 9 : Prepare data for migration to finance and operations apps
- Choose a data integration (import/export) strategy.
- Identify common migration scenarios and tools in finance and operations apps.
- Understand the Bring your own database (BYOD) feature.
- Identify relevant (legacy) systems.
- Identify and import static data that is common between industries.
- Create and review test plans for data migration.
- Identify and extract source data.
- Identify relevant data entities and elements.
- Generate field mapping between source and target data structures.
- Test a data migration and validate output.
- Support the transition between the existing and migrated systems.
Module 10 : Work with data management in finance and operations apps
- Identify the correct pattern for a given scenario to use the Data management platform for integration by using data entities.
- Work with the Data management workspace.
- Export data from a legal entity.
- Import data into a legal entity.
- Work with data import and export jobs.
- Clean up the staging tables.
- Work with database movement operations.
- Work with the data sharing framework.
Module 11 : Perform user acceptance testing in finance and operations apps
- Test cases and business requirements
- Best practices for recording test cases
- Task recorder
- How to create a BPM library
- How to synchronize and configure your test plan in Azure DevOps
- How to run test cases manually and automatically
- The Regression suite automation tool (RSAT)
Module 12 : Get started with a finance and operations implementation project
- Learn about the implementation journey for a successful finance and operations project.
- Identify the different phases of a finance and operations implementation.
Module 13 : FastTrack Customer Success Program for finance and operations
- Learn the benefits of being part of the FastTrack program for the success of your implementation.
- Discover the engagement level from the Microsoft FastTrack team with your project.
- Define the roles that are needed for a finance and operations implementation.
- Learn about the resources that will support your project.
- Learn how to become a FastTrack recognized solution architect.
Module 14 : Implement application lifecycle management in finance and operations apps
- Define ALM.
- Learn about the different ALM methodologies.
- Build models.
- Create a project plan for building and testing solutions.
- Create processes for release management, change management, and risk management.
Module 15 : Explore extensions and the extension framework in finance and operations apps
- Learn about the reasons for creating extensions.
- Determine when to use the extensibility request form.
- Learn about the risk of intrusive customizations.
- Develop code that will extend the functionality of finance and operations apps.
- Implement the SysOperationSandbox framework.
Module 16 : Consume business events in finance and operations apps
- Learn about the business events framework.
- Implement new business events through class extension.
- Business events in Microsoft Power Automate.
- Role based security for business events.
Module 17 : Identify data integration patterns and scenarios in finance and operations apps
- Identify integration web application programming interfaces.
- Explore available data integration scenarios.
- Identify the key differences between synchronous and asynchronous integrations.
Module 18 : Data integrations with finance and operations apps
- Set up a data project.
- Set up a recurring data job.
- Define authorization for integrations by using OAuth.
- Monitor the status and availability of entities.
- Develop data transformations.
- Use Microsoft Dataverse to synchronize entities between Dynamics 365 applications.
- Use composite data entities.
- Integrate composite data entities.
- Export composite data entities.
- Learn about Azure Data Lake and Entity Store, and how to change data in Azure Data Lake
- Learn about Microsoft Power Platform convergence.
Module 19 : Work with analytics and reporting in finance and operations apps
- Different types of reports and inquiries in finance and operations apps
- Financial reporting
- Configuring finance and operations apps for Microsoft Power Platform
- Generating and consuming inquiries and reports
Module 20 : Introduction to Microsoft Power Platform
- Learn the components and features of Microsoft Power Platform
- Identify when to use each Microsoft Power Platform component application to create business solutions
- Understand connectors
- Learn the value of using Microsoft Power Platform to create business solutions
Module 21 : How to build a canvas app
- Learn basic elements of Power Apps
- Build a canvas app
- Customize elements of your app
- Configure and manage app settings
Module 22 : Introduction to Dataverse
- Discover Microsoft Dataverse
- Learn about the Common Data Model
- Identify tables, columns, and relationships
- Learn about environments
- Discover business rules
Module 23 : How to build a dashboard
- Learn to connect to data in Power BI desktop
- Transform and model the data you import
- Build basic visualizations
- Create and share a dashboard
- Discover how to collaborate in Power BI
Module 24 : How to build an automated solution
- Explore and build from existing flow templates
- Create a flow triggered by a new record or record change
- Explain how flow can automate and customize approvals
Module 25 : Design and build mobile apps for finance and operations apps
- The Microsoft Dynamics 365 Unified Operations mobile app
- Use cases for mobile apps
- How to build and work with workspaces
Module 26 : Updates and upgrades for finance and operations apps
- How to upgrade from Dynamics AX legacy (AX 2012 and AX 2009).
- How to update from earlier finance and operations versions 7.0, 7.1, 7.2, 7.3, and 8.0 to version 10.
Module 27 : Work with performance and monitoring tools in finance and operations apps
- Diagnose performance issues by using Trace parser.
- Explore load testing by using the Performance SDK.
- Monitor performance by using the SQL Insights dashboard.
- Monitor server Health metrics in Microsoft Dynamics Lifecycle Services.
Module 28 : Plan and implement security in finance and operations apps
- Understand security architecture of finance and operations apps
- Learn about encryption in finance and operations apps
- Manage users
- Manage security
- Apply segregation of duties
- Run security reports
- Stay compliant with user licensing requirements
Module 29 : Implement role-based security in finance and operations apps
- Create and modify roles, duties, privileges, and permissions.
- Review the role-based security hierarchy.
- Use and enforce permissions policies.
- Define the extensible data security framework (XDS).
- Apply security permissions.
- Stay compliant with user licensing requirements
Module 30 : Prepare to go-live with finance and operations apps
- Prepare for go-live
- Complete the Microsoft Dynamics Lifecycle Services methodology
- Perform User acceptance testing (UAT) for your solution
- Understand the FastTrack Go-live assessment
- Request the production environment
Module 31 : Feature management in finance and operations apps
- Learn about the Feature management workspace in finance and operations apps.
- Discover when and how to enable features, including how to disable and reschedule features.
- Learn how to check for feature updates and assign roles.
Module 32 : Get started with Success by Design for Dynamics 365
- Learn how to use FastTrack techniques on your own project.
- Review the Success by Design processes and workshops.
- Identify the different phases of a project.
- Discover the available tools for tracking project progress.
Module 33 : Create a solution blueprint for Dynamics 365 solutions
- Learn how to identify project goals
- Learn about the project's tenant strategy
- Consider any non-functional requirements
- Learn how to prepare, and conduct the Solution blueprint workshop
Module 34 : Plan a testing strategy for your Dynamics 365 solution
- Identify measurable and non-measurable testing goals and results.
- Plan the entire testing strategy for an engagement.
- Learn how to prepare and conduct the Test strategy review workshop.
Module 35 : Design data models for Dynamics 365 solutions
- Learn about data modeling in Dynamics 365.
- Review data modeling best practices and learn how they are related to a Dynamics 365 project.
Module 36 : Business intelligence and analytics design for Dynamics 365 solutions
- Learn about the Business intelligence and analytics design workshop
- Prepare for the Business intelligence and analytics design workshop
- Learn how to conduct the Business intelligence and analytics design workshop
Module 37 : Gap solution design for Dynamics 365 solutions
- Learn about the Gap solution design workshop
- Prepare for the Gap solution design workshop
- Learn how to conduct the Gap solution design workshop
Module 38 : Create a data migration strategy for Dynamics 365 solutions
- Learn about the best practices of data migration.
- Discover how data migration relates to and can affect a project.
- Learn how to prepare and conduct the Data migration strategy workshop.
Module 39 : Review the security model for your Dynamics 365 solutions
- Evaluate the proposed security model.
- Provide feedback and recommendations that highlight technical risks and issues.
Module 40 : Integration design for Dynamics 365 solutions
- Learn about connecting one or more components to create a unified experience.
- Discover the process of integrating existing services without migrating or rebuilding.
Module 41 : Dual-write implementation for Dynamics 365 solutions
- Learn about the Dual-write implementation workshop
- Prepare for the Dual-write implementation workshop
- Learn how to conduct the Dual-write implementation workshop
- Follow up after the Dual-write implementation workshop
Module 42 : Implement a performance strategy for Dynamics 365 solutions
- Learn about the Solution performance review.
- Prepare for the Solution performance workshop.
- Define performance benchmarks and success criteria.
- Learn how to conduct the Solution performance workshop.
Module 43 : Cutover strategy for Dynamics 365 solutions
- Learn about the Cutover strategy workshop
- Prepare for the Cutover strategy workshop
- Learn how to conduct the Cutover strategy workshop
- Follow up after the Cutover strategy workshop
Module 44 : Post go-live strategy for Dynamics 365 solutions
- Learn about the Post go-live workshop
- Prepare for the Post go-live workshop
- Implement the Post go-live workshop
- Follow up after the Post go-live workshop
Module 45 : Get started with configuration and personalization in Finance and Operations apps
- Log into your environment
- List several ways the environment can be customized without coding
- Demonstrate how to favorite menu items for quick navigation
Module 46 : Configure your user interface in Finance and Operations apps
- Add a menu item to favorites
- Explain how different roles see different dashboards
- Add a KPI to a dashboard workspace
- Modify the fields in a form
- Modify the fields in a report
Module 47 : Configure your data in Finance and Operations apps
- Modify an entity
- Add security to a user
- Download data to Excel, update, and upload