In this course, you will learn about the Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE)—a next-generation identity and access control policy platform that provides a single policy plane across the entire organization combining multiple services, including authentication, authorization, and accounting (AAA) using 802.1x, MAB, web authentication, posture, profiling, BYOD device on-boarding, guest services, MDM, and VPN access into a single context-aware identity-based platform. The training provides learners with the knowledge and skills to enforce security compliance for wired, wireless and VPN endpoints and enhance infrastructure security using the Cisco ISE.
This course is an intensive hands-on experience. With enhanced hands-on labs, you will cover all facets of Cisco ISE version 2.7.
In addition, you learn about the following:
- ISE deployment options including node types, personas, and licensing
- Install certificates into ISE using a Windows 2012 Certificate Authority (CA)
- Configure the Local and Active Directory Based Identity Store and use of Identity Source Sequences
- Configure AAA clients and network device groups
- Implement Policy Sets to streamline Authentication and Authorization in the organization
- Deploy EasyConnect as an alternative to 802.1X port-based authentication
- Implement 802.1X for wired and wireless networks using the AnyConnect 4.x NAM module, the latest dot1x commands on a catalyst switch, and version 8.4 of the vWLC
- Configure policies to allow MAC Authentication Bypass (MAB) of endpoints
- Use central web authentication (CWA) for redirection of legitimate domain users who need to register devices on the network using MAC addresses (BYOD device registration)
- Configure hotspot guest access, self-registration guest access, and sponsored guest access
- Configure profiler services in ISE and use newer probes available in IOS switch code 15.x as well as vWLC 8.4 code.
- Work with Profiling feeds, logical profiles, and building profiling conditions to match network endpoints
- Configure posture assessments using the new Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility 4.x posture module
- Configure Cisco ISE as a TACACS+ Server for Device Administration with Command Authorization
- Configure Cisco ISE to integrate with a 5500-X ASA and a Catalyst Switch for TrustSec and implement end-to-end Security Group Tagging (SGT) and Security Group Access Control (SGACL)
- Maintenance, best practices, and logging