Global Knowledge's CEO Sean Dolan spoke with TechRepublic about The top 5 IT certifications that will increase your salary; the interview was based on results from Global Knowledge's 10th annual IT Skills & Salary Report.
The Top 5 Certifications of which Dolan spoke –
- Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
Additional highlights from TechRepublic interview:
- The importance of certifications is evolving. The industry is shifting further towards a reliance on skillsets which will continue to drive the need for certifications. A significant change in this process is the de-emphasis on just passing an exam. Organizations will continue to be more interested in supporting certifications that demonstrate the value of an employee’s work and the real-world knowledge they possess.
- The focus will continue to be on broad-range technologies like Security and Cloud: Certifications in these areas require employees to have a wide scope of multiple knowledge areas. Shifting away from granular specializations, employees will be required to have functional expertise in a variety of technologies.
- Global Knowledge is uniquely suited to assist organizations and learners through this transition: We continue to invest in these new technologies and curricula. This gives us an advantage when companies seek guidance on how they can build the skillsets they need to be successful.