Last Updated: March 10, 2016
Information You Provide Directly to Us
Global Knowledge collects certain information from users of our Services. As described further below, we may collect information from you during your access or use of the Services, such as:
- When you register for our products or services, including products and services that are made available for free for you;
- When you make a purchase or submit an order;
- When you enroll in or enter a sweepstakes, raffle, or contest, or when you register for a promotion;
- When you request information from us;
- When you transmit Postings, including Postings in Forums, feedback, and suggestions;
- When you otherwise communicate with other users through our products or services; and
- When you otherwise communicate with us.
The information you provide directly to us may include, but is not limited to: (1) name; (2) occupation; (3) email address; (4) mailing address; (5) home telephone number; (6) contact information for your place of work; (7) demographics (e.g. job title, purchasing responsibilities, company information, and professional certification); (8) in certain circumstances, payment information; and/or (9) any additional information that you choose to provide to us. You are not required to provide us with such information, but certain features of our Services may not be accessible or available, absent the provision of the requested information.
Please be careful and responsible whenever you are online. If you choose to transmit Postings through the Services, such as in our Forums or other community features, that information; (i) may be publicly available; (ii) may be collected and used by third parties without our knowledge; and (iii) may result in your receipt of unsolicited messages from other individuals or third parties.
Information From Affiliates, Social Networking Sites, and Other Non-Affiliated Third Parties
We may collect information about you through any of our affiliates or through non-affiliated third parties.
For example, you may be able to access the Service through a social networking account, such as Facebook. If you access the Services through a social networking account account, you may allow us to have access to certain information in your social networking account profile. This may include your name, profile picture, gender, location, email address, photos, videos, date of birth, and/or your posts. Social networking sites have their own policies for handling and sharing your information. Please consult the applicable social networking site’s policies for that site’s privacy practices. We have no control over how any third party site uses or discloses the personal information it collects about you.
We may also collect information about you through non-affiliated third parties, including without limitation (a) business partners or (b) customers who provide information regarding their employees or agents (e.g. to enroll employees or agents in our course offerings). We may combine information that we collect from you through the Services with information that we obtain from such third parties and information derived from any other products or services we provide.
Information that is Passively or Automatically Collected
Device/Usage Information. We may automatically collect certain information about the computer or devices (including mobile devices) you use to access the Services. For instance, we may collect and analyze information such as (a) IP addresses, geolocation information, unique device identifiers and other information about your mobile phone or other mobile device(s), browser types, browser language, operating system, the state or country from which you accessed the Services; and (b) information related to the ways in which you interact with the Services, such as: referring and exit pages and URLs, platform type, the number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages and content viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time you used the Services, the frequency of your use of the Services, error logs, and other similar information. As described further below, we may also use third-party analytics providers and technologies, including cookies and similar tools and technologies, to assist in collecting this information.
Location Information. When you use the Services, we may collect general location information (e.g. an IP address that often includes a city and state). If you install our mobile app or access the Services through a mobile device, we may ask you to grant us access to your mobile device’s geolocation data. If you grant such permission, we may collect information about your precise geolocation, and we may use that information to improve the Services and offer you content that may interest you. To deliver customized content and advertising, we may share your location information with our agents, vendors, or advertisers. If you access the Services through a mobile device and you do not want your device to provide us with location-tracking information, you can disable the GPS or other location-tracking functions on your device, provided your device allows you to do this. See your device manufacturer’s instructions for further details.
We may also use local shared objects (also known as “Flash cookies”) to assist in delivering special content, such as video clips or animation. Flash cookies are stored on your device, but they are not managed through your web browser. To learn more about how to manage flash cookies, you can visit the Adobe website and make changes at the Global Privacy Settings Panel.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but your browser may allow you to modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer. If you disable cookies, you may be prevented from taking full advantage of the Services, because they may not function properly. Flash cookies operate differently than browser cookies, and cookie management tools available in a web browser may not affect flash cookies. As we adopt additional technologies, we may also gather additional information through other methods.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT THROUGH THE SERVICES
We may use your information collected through the Services for any of the following reasons:
- For the purposes of which you provided it;
- To enable you to register for products and other offerings through our Services, including but not limited to, instructor-led classes, webcasts, and subscriptions;
- To provide you with e-mail newsletters;
- To administer surveys, contests, sweepstakes, or promotions;
- To improve and maintain the Services, and for product development;
- To customize the content and/or layout of our website;
- To process billing and payment;
- For customer support and to respond to your inquiries;
- To administer and troubleshoot the Services;
- To contact you about goods or services that may interest you;
- Compliance with export and other laws and regulations;
- For analytics and marketing, including tailored advertising;
- To resolve disputes or to protect ourselves and other users of the Services; and
- To enforce any legal terms that govern your use of the Services.
We may combine information that we collect from you through the Services with information that we obtain from affiliated and non-affiliated third parties, and information derived from any other products or services we provide.
We may aggregate and/or de-identify information collected through the Services. We may use de-identified or aggregated data for any purpose, including without limitation for research and marketing purposes, and we may also share such data with any third parties, including without limitation, advertisers, promotional partners, sponsors, event promotions, and/or others.
WHEN GLOBAL KNOWLEDGE DISCLOSES YOUR INFORMATION
Unless otherwise described in this Policy, we may also share the information that we collect from you through the Services as follows:
- Affiliates. We may share your information with any of our affiliates.
- Consent. We may disclose your information with non-affiliated third parties with your consent. Such consent includes the disclosure of your information (a) in order to provide services or products that you have requested; (b) when we have your permission; or (c) as described in this Policy.
- Employers/Sponsors/Payors. We may disclose your information to your employer or other party sponsoring or paying for services provided to you.
- Service Providers. We may provide access to your information to select third parties who perform services on our behalf and for any other legitimate business purposes. These third parties provide a variety of services to us, including without limitation, billing, sales, user authentication, exams, security, marketing, advertising, customer relationship management, advertising, market research, fulfillment, data storage, analysis and processing, legal services, and legal & regulatory compliance. Global Knowledge seeks contractual assurances from these service providers that they will not use your information in any manner other than to help us provide you with the services and products available from Global Knowledge.
- Business Partners. We may make contact information available to business partners offering products or services that may interest you.
- Authorized Training. Global Knowledge provides a number of services that have been authorized by vendors, associations or other entities with whom your information may be shared including, without limitation, contact, attendance, completion, user satisfaction, and exam result data.
- Sweepstakes and Contests. If you sign up to participate in a contest or sweepstakes, your information may also be provided to our sweepstakes or contest administrators or sponsors, and the use of that information may also be governed by those administrators’ or sponsors’ privacy policies or practices.
- Legal Requirements. We may disclose your information when we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary or permitted in response to any subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process we receive, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or to defend against legal claims.
- Protection of Global Knowledge and Others. We may disclose your information when we believe it appropriate to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of the Legal Terms of Service or any other legal terms governing use of the Services, and/or to protect our rights and property.
- Business Transfers. As we continue to develop our business, we may sell, buy, merge or partner with other companies or businesses, or sell some or all of our assets, including in connection with any pre-closing evaluation of such transactions. In such transactions or where there is any change of control of Global Knowledge, user information may be among the transferred assets.
PERSONALIZED CONTENT AND ADVERTISING
We may use third-party web analytics services on our Services, such as those of Google Analytics. These service providers use the sort of technology previously described in the Information Collection section to help us analyze how users use the Services, including by noting the third-party website from which you arrive. The information (including your IP address) collected by the technology will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers, who use the information to evaluate your use of the Services. We also use Google Analytics for certain purposes related to advertising, as described in the following section. To prevent Google Analytics from using your information for analytics, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on by clicking here.
We may personalize the content and advertising that you see when using the Services through the use of third-party advertising technologies that allow for the delivery of relevant content and advertising on our Services. The ads may be based on various factors such as the content of the page you are visiting, information you provide such as your age and gender, your searches, demographic data, user-generated content, and other information we collect from you. These ads may be based on your current activity or your activity over time and may be tailored to your interests.
To opt out of Google Analytics for display advertising or customize Google display network ads, you can visit the Google Ads Settings page. Please note that to the extent advertising technology is integrated into the Services, you may still receive advertisements even if you opt-out of tailored advertising. In that case, the ads will just not be tailored. Also, we do not control any of the above opt-out links and are not responsible for any choices you make using these mechanisms or the continued availability or accuracy of these mechanisms.
If you are using a mobile application offered by us, you may also receive tailored in-application advertisements. Each operating system, iOS for Apple phones, Android for Android devices and Windows for Microsoft devices provides its own instructions on how to prevent the delivery of tailored in-application advertisements. You may review the support materials and/or the privacy settings for the respective operating systems in order to opt-out of tailored in-application advertisements. For any other devices and/or operating systems, please visit the privacy settings for the applicable device or contact the applicable platform operator. We do not control how the applicable platform operator allows you to control receiving personalized in-application advertisements; thus, you should contact the platform provider for further details on opting out of tailored in-application advertisements.
Please note that to the extent advertising technology is integrated into the Services, you may still receive advertisements even if you opt-out. In that case, the advertising will not be tailored to your interests.
CONSENT TO TRANSFER
Because Global Knowledge is a global organization, we may transfer your personal information to Global Knowledge in the United States, to any Global Knowledge subsidiary worldwide, or to third parties and business partners as described above that are located in various countries around the world. By using the Services or providing any personal information to us, where applicable law permits, you consent to the transfer, processing, and storage of such information outside of your country of residence where data protection standards may be different.
YOUR CHOICES REGARDING OUR COMMUNICATIONS WITH YOU
If you do not want to receive e-mail from us in the future, you may let us know via e-mail or by sending us a letter at the appropriate address shown in the Contact Us section below. Recipients of our newsletters can unsubscribe using the instructions listed at the end of the e-mail newsletter.
By providing us with your phone number, you expressly permit us, or someone designated by us, to contact you at the phone number provided.
By supplying us with a mailing address, you agree to receive information and occasional offers from Global Knowledge with information on new products and services of interest. If you do not want to receive such mailings, you may notify us through the address shown in the Contact Us section below. To insure that you information is properly removed from our database, please provide us with the exact name, company name (if applicable), delivery address, city, state, ZIP, and e-mail address, as well as a KEYCODE and Customer Number from the back cover of any Global Knowledge mailings that you may receive. Please note that we will endeavor to implement your permission requests within a reasonable time, although for a time you may continue to receive mailings, etc., transmitted based on information released prior to the implementation of your request. In addition, please note that even after such request is implemented, you will continue to receive information directly related to the product or service for which you registered (or which you otherwise agreed to receive), so you always are kept informed. Also, if your contact information is supplied to us by your employer or other third party, it may cause you to receive information inconsistent with the options you have selected.
Our Services are not designed for children under 13. Only persons 13 years of age or older may use the Services. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
We have implemented reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security measures to protect against the unauthorized access, destruction or alteration of your information. These safeguards vary based on the sensitivity of the information that we collect, process and store and the current state of technology. Although we take appropriate measures to safeguard against unauthorized disclosures of information, we cannot assure you that information that we collect will never be disclosed in a manner that is inconsistent with this Policy.
Our web sites contain links to other sites or services provided by third parties. Global Knowledge is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each web site to which we may link that may collect information from you.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Law permits visitors who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please notify us through the address shown in the Contact Us section below.
CALIFORNIA DO-NOT-TRACK STATEMENT
Global Knowledge is committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the information collected through our Services for third party purposes. That is why we have provided links below to the NAI "Customer Opt-out" link, DAA opt-out link, a Google opt-out link, and a TRUSTe opt-out link. However, we do not currently recognize or respond to browser-initiated Do-Not-Track signals, as the Internet industry is currently still working on Do-Not-Track standards, implementations and solutions.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Privacy - Legal Department
9000 Regency Parkway
Cary, NC 27518 USA