The CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+) examination is an intermediate-level credential for cybersecurity professionals. The exam will certify that the successful candidate has the knowledge and skills required to:
- Perform data analysis and interpret the results to identify vulnerabilities, threats, and risks to an organization
- Configure and use threat detection tools
- Secure and protect applications and systems within an organization
The behavioral analytics skills covered by the CompTIA CySA+ certification identify and combat malware and advanced persistent threats (APTs), resulting in better threat visibility across a broad attack surface by focusing on network behavior, including an organization’s interior network.
As attackers have learned to evade traditional signature-based solutions, an analytics-based approach has become extremely important. CySA+ applies behavioral analytics to the IT security market to improve the overall state of security.
CySA+ also bridges the professional level CompTIA Security+ and the mastery level CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner CASP certification.
CySA+ Certification Training FAQs
What is CySA+ certification?
The CompTIA CySA+ (Cybersecurity Analyst+) certification is granted to IT professionals who can proficiently use behavioral analytics to safeguard networks and devices. This credential showcases the individual’s adeptness in identifying, preventing, and addressing potential cyber threats.
The certification course focuses on the following main areas:
- Threat detection: Recognizing and neutralizing threats in real-time.
- Data analysis: Analyzing results to identify an organization's vulnerabilities, threats, and risks.
- Response and countermeasures: Applying the appropriate measures to handle advanced persistent threats (APTs).
- Vulnerability management: Ensuring systems are secure by proactively identifying weaknesses before bad actors can exploit them.
- Tool aptitude: Familiarity with tools and software used in security analytics.
The CySA+ certification is an intermediate-level credential designed to build on foundational knowledge from certifications like the CompTIA Security+. It emphasizes the application of defense through intelligence, where analysts develop more robust and efficient defensive measures.
Why is the CySA+ certification important for a career in cybersecurity?
If you're seeking a role as a security analyst, vulnerability analyst, or threat intelligence analyst, the CySA+ certification can demonstrate your skills and knowledge. Here’s why this certification is beneficial:
- Industry recognition: CompTIA CySA+ certification is globally recognized, making it sought-after among employers. Having it on your resume can make you stand out in the job market.
- Skill validation: Earning the CompTIA CySA+ certification confirms that you possess the necessary skills to analyze, detect, and combat cybersecurity threats.
- Career advancement: This certification can open doors to higher positions or specializations within the cybersecurity industry.
- Higher earning potential: Certifications can often lead to higher salaries. With the rising demand for skilled cybersecurity professionals, having a recognized certification like CySA+ can boost your earning potential.
- Essential for advanced training: CySA+ allows you to seamlessly transition to more advanced roles and other IT training courses.
How long does it take to prepare for the CySA+ exam?
Preparing for the CySA+ exam demands dedication and structured study. The time it takes to prepare for the certification exam varies based on prior knowledge, experience, and study habits. Cybersecurity certification training courses typically take a week or more to complete, depending on the program. This foundational training provides structured content and hands-on experience related to key topics.
For those looking to optimize their study regimen, Global Knowledge can be an invaluable resource. With our comprehensive training, training tools, practice exams, and expert instructors, our courses ensure candidates are well-equipped to tackle the CySA+ exam with confidence.
What is the format of the CySA+ exam, and how can I register for it?
The CySA+ exam typically consists of 85 questions, incorporating multiple-choice and performance-based questions. The latter type assesses the candidate’s problem-solving ability in a simulated environment. Candidates have 165 minutes to complete the exam and must score 750 or more to pass.
The CySA+ exam covers several topics, including:
- Threat management
- Vulnerability management
- Cyber incident response
- Security architecture
You’ll need to create a CompTIA account to register for the exam. Once logged in, you can navigate to the certification exams, select CySA+, and purchase the voucher to pay for the exam. After buying the voucher, schedule your exam through CompTIA’s official testing partner and find a test center near you or opt for an online exam.