Your browser is incompatible with this site. Upgrade to a different browser like Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox to experience this site.
CASP+ - CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner
Validate Advanced-Level Security Knowledge and Skills
CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+) is the ideal certification for technical professionals who wish to remain immersed in technology as opposed to strictly managing.
CASP+ is the only hands-on, performance-based certification for practitioners - not managers - at the advanced skill level of cybersecurity. While cybersecurity managers help identify what cybersecurity policies and frameworks could be implemented, CASP+ certified professionals figure out how to implement solutions within those policies and frameworks.
The CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner certification validates advanced-level competency in risk management, enterprise security operations and architecture, research and collaboration, and integration of enterprise security.
Successful candidates will have the knowledge required to:
- Enterprise Security domain expanded to include operations and architecture concepts, techniques, and requirements
- More emphasis on analyzing risk through interpreting trend data and anticipating cyber defense needs to meet business goals
- Expanding security control topics to include Mobile and small form factor devices, as well as software vulnerability
- Broader coverage of integrating cloud and virtualization technologies into a secure enterprise architecture
- Inclusion of implementing cryptographic techniques, such as Blockchain-Cryptocurrency and Mobile device encryption
This certification is a DoD Approved 8570 Baseline Certification and meets DoD 8140/8570 training requirements.
CASP+ - CAS-004
About the exam
CASP+ covers the technical knowledge and skills required to conceptualize, engineer, integrate and implement secure solutions across complex environments to support a resilient enterprise.
CompTIA requires that CASP+ certification holders renew their credential every three years. Renewal can be achieved three ways:
Pass the most current version of the CASP+ certification exam.
Pass a higher level CompTIA or non-CompTIA certification exam
Earn continuing education units (CEUs) by participating in qualified activities, such as publishing an article or white paper, obtaining another industry certification, or attending a relevant conference or event.
Visit CompTIA’s website for more detail.