What You'll Learn
- Distinguish Korn Shell and Bash Shell specific features
- Use utilities such as sed and awk to manipulate data
- Understand system shell scripts, such as /etc/shutdown
- Write useful shell scripts to aid system administration
- AIX Basics (AU131) or (AU130) or (Q1323) or
- Linux Basics and Installation (LX020) or (QLX02) or
- Linux Basics and Installation(QLXA2) or
- Linux Basics and Installation - Lite (QLXL3)
- Understand the programming fundamentals of variables and flow control concepts, such as repetition and decision, or
- Have working knowledge of UNIX or Linux,including the use of the vi editor, manipulating files and directories, basic variables, piping and redirection, and the find and grep commands.
Who Needs To Attend
This intermediate course is for experienced system administrators, programmers, application developers, and end users.