What You'll Learn
- Log in to an AIX system and set a user password
- Use AIX online documentation
- Manage AIX files and directories
- Describe the purpose of the shell
- Use the vi editor
- Execute common AIX commands and manage AIX processes
- Customize the working environment
- Use common AIX utilities
- Write simple shell scripts
- Use the AIXwindows Environment
- Use the Common Desktop Environment
Who Needs To Attend
This basic course is intended for anyone who requires basic AIX/UNIX user skills to be able to work in an AIX environment.
This course is also a prerequisite for many courses in the AIX Systems Administration curriculum.