Microsoft Power Platform + Dynamics 365 Core
- Course Code M-MB200
- Duration 5 days
This course is available in the following formats:
Event at company
Traditional Classroom Learning
Learning that is virtual
Request this course in a different delivery format.
The Microsoft Power Platform helps organizations optimize their operations by automating routine tasks and standardizing best practices. This training provides a high-level overview of the capabilities of Microsoft Dynamics 365 and the Power Platform and provides a foundation for other Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Power Platform training offerings. High-level topics include application configuration, automation opportunities, integration, testing, and deployment.
- Delivery Format: Virtual Learning
- Date: 16-20 November, 2020
- Location: Virtual
A Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement Functional Consultant is responsible for performing discovery, capturing requirements, engaging subject matter experts and stakeholders, translating requirements, and configuring the solution and applications. The Functional Consultant implements a solution using out of the box capabilities, codeless extensibility, application and service integrations.
- Identify platform components.
- Understand administrator options.
- Effectively model data.
- Build a basic model-driven or canvas application.
- Identify testing strategies and methodologies.
- Identify integration opportunities.
Module 1: Power Platform overview
In this module, you will learn the basics of the Power Platform. You will tour the various administrator portals and install applications.
- Configure Power Platform environments
- Creating applications
- Discovery and planning
- Identify common platform components and their uses.
Module 2: Data Modeling
In this module you will learn how to model data effectively using the platform’s entities, attributes and relationships.
- Data model fundamentals
- Other entity options
- Other field options
- Create and use relationships and entities.
Module 3: Model-driven apps
In this module you will learn about model driven applications and how to configure and use them.
- Configure model-driven apps
- Configure model-driven forms
- Configure views
- Configure model-driven charts
- Configure model-driven dashboards
- Configure reports
- Create and modify forms.
- Create and modify views and dashboards.
- Identify and use other user experience components.
Module 4: Canvas app
sIn this module you will learn how to create and use canvas apps, as well as learn the differences between canvas apps and model-driven.
- Application fundamentals
- Working with data and services
- Customizing the user experience
- Integration with model-driven apps
- Create a canvas app.
- Work with CDS data.
Module 5: Security
In this module you will learn how the platform’s security model manages users’ experiences and access to both data and functionality.
- Security overview
- Business units
- Manage security roles
- Manage teams
- Configure hierarchy security
- Create and use business units.
- Create, modify and use security roles.
Module 6: Platform Automation Overview
In this module you will learn the basics of the Power Platform automation capabilities.
- Automation overview
- Identify common platform automation capabilities.
Module 7: Business Rules
In this module you will learn how to build and use business rules and how they work alongside other platform automations.
- Introduction to business rules
- Additional business rule details
- Create and use business rules.
Module 8: Workflows
In this module you will learn how to build and use workflows and how they work alongside other platform automations.
- Introduction to workflows
- Building workflows
- Advanced workflows
- Create and use workflows.
Module 9: Microsoft Flows
In this module you will learn how to build and use Microsoft Flows and how they work alongside other platform automations.
- Introduction to Microsoft Flow
- Other Flow concepts
- Working with CDS
- Building approval flows
- Starting from apps
- Flow deployment considerations
- Create and use Microsoft Flows.
Module 10: Business Process Flows
In this module you will learn how to build and use business process flows and how they work alongside other platform automations.
- Introduction to business process flows
- Configure business process flows
- Additional business process flow details
- Create and use business process flows.
Module 11: Introduction to integrations
In this module you will learn the basics of the Power Platform integration capabilities. You will learn how to configure and use email integrations.
- Overview of common scenarios
- Email integration
- Outlook integration
- Identify common integrations,
- Configure and use email integrations.
Module 12: Integration with Office
In this module you will learn how to integrate with common Office products like OneNote, Word and Excel.
- Microsoft Teams
- Additional integrations
- Configure and use integrations with Office products.
Module 13: Managing Data
In this module you will learn how to import and export data for the Power Platform and create and use data maps.
- Managing data overview
- Duplicate detection
- Importing data
- Exporting data
- Bulk delete
- Import and export data.
- Create and use data maps.
- Perform bulk delete.
Module 14: Manage Instances and Applications
In this module you will learn how to enable and update first-party applications; install third-party apps and configure using admin portals.
- Manage applications
- Enable and update first-party apps.
- Install third-party apps.
Module 15: Manage Solutions
In this module you will learn how to create, manage and deploy solutions.
- Solution concepts
- Planning and creating solutions
- Working with solution components
- Distributing solutions
- Working with managed solutions
- Create solutions.
- Deploy customziations.
Module 16: Additional Deployment Considerations
In this module you will learn how to configure for mobile and deploy components such as Microsoft Flow.
- Configure settings
- Mobile configuration settings
- Mobile configuration
- Configure for mobile.
- Deploy components.
- This course is designed for persons who are aspiring to the Microsoft 365 Enterprise Admin role and have completed one of the Microsoft 365 work load administrator certification paths.
- Familiarity of business applications and the desire to customize and implement them for your business.
Follow on CoursesTop
- M-MB210, Dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement for Sales
- M-MB220, Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Marketing
- M-MB230, Dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement for Customer Service
- M-MB240, Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Field Service