Online Participant Code of Conduct
Global Knowledge prides itself in providing high quality training solutions for all our customers and are keen to ensure that customer satisfaction is maintained whilst using its professional education services.
We aim to ensure that when you attend a Global Knowledge course you are satisfied:
- With the quality of the learning experience
- That the event meets the advertised learning objectives
- That you can apply the newly gained knowledge in the workplace environment
Individual Online Participant Code of Conduct
Participating in our online events will be very different from any previous experiences you may have had with classroom learning. This Code of Conduct is used to ensure that all participants can benefit from the learning and enjoy this new experience. All learners on our courses must follow this Code of Conduct to maintain a positive learning environment for all. We may withdraw course access if you violate this code.
Code of Conduct
- Participate fully in all activities.
- Tolerate and respect individual differences.
- Behave in a friendly, cooperative, polite and responsible manner towards everyone.
- Attend all sessions.
- Follow all of the following General Rules for Student Conduct in Online Activity.
General Rules for Learner Conduct in Online Activity
- Participation in the event always requires responsible behaviour from you together with respect towards other participants and members of staff. Global Knowledge / Skillsoft treats all forms of abuse, bullying, intimidation, sexist and racist behaviour very seriously. You must not engage in any anti-social behaviour or abuse of any kind towards other learners or staff.
- Please do not share the link to the session(s) with anyone else. Only learners who have been authorised in advance may attend, any uninvited attendees will be removed from the session immediately.
- When you enter the session please register with your first name followed by the first letter of your surname. If you sign up with a name that we do not recognise, we may need to remove you from the session.
- Do not give out any personal information online, such as phone number, home or email address.
- Please be aware of your surroundings, particularly if your online activity enables you to share your video or microphone. Ensure that your back-drop is appropriate for a classroom setting, and if there are any unexpected noises etc. (including noisy family members!) please mute your microphone or stop the video as needed, until you are safely able to re-activate.
- Please do not take photographs of your screens or share any images of the online session, this is for your safety as well as the safety of other learners and staff.
- Children should not be visible onscreen at any time during a class. If a child is visible, staff may have to remove you from the class.
- Do not attend live classes while driving a car or doing any other activity where your safety is compromised by not paying 100% attention.
- Please contact a member of staff immediately if you become aware of anything upsetting or inappropriate.
- If your behaviour is inappropriate in any way, staff will immediately mute microphone/stop video/stop chat access as needed and warn you that if the behaviour continues, you will be removed from the session. Or, if the behaviour is serious enough you will be immediately removed from the session, and your place on any future sessions may be withdrawn.
- Participants must comply with staff requests.
Raising concerns during online training
If you believe that the course objectives are not being met, or that you are finding it difficult to keep up with the pace of the course, we ask that you:
- Bring the issue to the attention of the trainer within the same day
- Agree a remediation plan with the trainer that will address the issue whilst continuing with the course attendance.
- If you do not feel able to speak to your trainer about your concerns, please contact our customer services team on 01189 123456 or email at UKcustomerservicesGK@skillsoft.com
If you believe you are attending the wrong course, or do not meet the pre-requisites we ask that you:
- Notify the trainer immediately so that remedial actions can be discussed within the scope of the course
In the event that you are still not satisfied, we will discuss options to address your concerns. Such issues must be submitted in writing to your Account Manager within 10 working days of the course completion.