To apply for PMP certification, you need to have one of the following:
- A four-year degree (bachelor's or equivalent) and at least three years of project management experience, with 4,500 hours leading and directing projects and 35 hours of project management education
- A secondary-level diploma (high school or equivalent) and at least five years of project management experience, with 7,500 hours leading and directing projects and 35 hours of project management education
If you do not meet the eligibility requirements, take a look at the CAPM® — Certified Associate in Project Management certification.
To help you prepare for your PMP certification exam, we offer two PMP training courses: PMP Exam Prep Boot Camp and Guided PMP Exam Prep. The courses are structured differently, so you can choose the one that works for your learning style and schedule. In both courses, you'll gain the essential preparation needed to pass the PMP and CAPM® exams, and each course comes with our money-back guarantee.
Our PMP exam-preparation courses incorporate A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, (PMBOK® Guide) - Fifth Edition, Project Management Institute, Inc., 2013 and other sources, use PMI® terminology, and include learning tools, such as:
- PMBOK® Guide - Fifth Edition
- More than 600 practice questions
- PMP exam prep study guides
- Flash cards for each knowledge area
- Exercises throughout the course to reinforce PMP and CAPM exam concepts
- Handy reference charts
- Online practice questions and test simulation
The PMP Exam Prep Boot Camp is an intensive course conducted in a fast-paced environment and completed in several days. The Guided PMP Exam Prep course is less intensive, combines self-paced study with live virtual training sessions, and takes several weeks to complete.
Your PMP credential is good for the three years. PMI requires 60 PDUs during each three-year renewal period in order for you to maintain your credential.
With our PMP Renewal Program, you'll get unlimited access for one year to targeted, virtual courses on project management topics in all PMBOK® Guide knowledge areas. This program allows you to earn the PDUs necessary to renew your certification status, and you'll earn them on your schedule, from the comfort of your own desk, by choosing the courses you want, whenever and wherever you want. In addition to the conveniently scheduled live courses, you'll have access to any of the previously recorded courses.
PMBOK, PMP and PMI Registered Education Provider logo are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.