PMI-ACP — PMI Agile Certified Practitioner
The Project Management Institute Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)® credential recognizes your knowledge of agile principles, practices, tools, and techniques across agile methodologies.
Over the last several years, project managers' use of agile approaches has risen, increasing the demand for such expertise. Research suggests that using agile methodologies decreases product defects, improves team productivity, and increases delivery of business value. You can apply for the certification if you have experience working on agile project teams.
PMI-ACP certification is ideal for practitioners who:
- Use agile practices in their projects
- Work in organizations that have adopted or are planning to adopt agile approaches to project management
- Want to demonstrate their level of professionalism in agile practices of project management
- Want to increase their professional versatility in both waterfall and agile techniques
- Seek to hold a credible certification
PMI-ACP is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc
To apply for the PMI-ACP, you must have the following:
• Active PMP or PgMP® certification or 2,000 hours working on project teams within the last five years
• 1,500 additional hours working on agile project teams or with agile methodologies within the last three years
• 21 contact hours in agile practices
Your PMI-ACP credential is good for three years. To maintain your credential, PMI requires you to earn 30 PDUs during each three-year cycle.