The below prerequisites demonstrate the skills and knowledge that will help you achieve the AWS Solutions Architect – Associate certification:
AWS Knowledge and Experience
- Hands-on experience using compute, networking, storage, and database AWS services.
- Professional experience architecting large-scale distributed systems.
- Understanding of Elasticity and Scalability concepts.
- Understanding of network technologies as they relate to AWS.
- A good understanding of all security features and tools that AWS provides and how they relate to traditional services.
- A strong understanding of how to interact with AWS (AWS SDK, AWS API, Command Line Interface, AWS CloudFormation).
- Hands-on experience with AWS deployment and management services.
General IT Knowledge
- Excellent understanding of typical multitier architectures: web servers (Apache, nginx, IIS), caching, applications
- RDBMS (MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server), NoSQL.
- On servers and load balancers.
- Knowledge of message queuing and Enterprise Service Bus (ESB).
- Familiarity with loose coupling and stateless systems.
- Understanding of different consistency models in distributed systems.
- Experience with CDN and performance concepts.
- Network experience with route tables, access control lists, firewalls, NAT, HTTP, DNS, IP and OSI Network.
- Knowledge of RESTful Web Services, XML, JSON.
- Familiarity with the software development lifecycle.
- Work experience with information and application security, including public key encryption, SSH, access credentials and X.509 certificates.
AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate exam
The following courses help you prepare for this certification:
AWS Associate-level certification holders are required to get recertified every two years in order to remain valid. Two ways to maintain Associate-level certification:
- Take a Recertification Exam. This is not the same exam as the original, but follows the same format. Read more at AWS Recertification FAQs.
- Pass the Professional-level Exam. You can remain certified by earning either the AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional or AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional certification.