RHCE – Red Hat Certified Engineer
RHCE – Red Hat Certified Engineer
A Red Hat® Certified Engineer (RHCE®) is a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) who is ready to automate Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® tasks, integrate Red Hat emerging technologies, and apply automation for efficiency and innovation.
As teams and organizations pursue digital transformation, the Red Hat Certified Engineer credential is changing to match new needs and fill skills gaps. We have updated our exam and certification to reflect the need for the automation knowledge required to deploy, manage, and support a container-based architecture—making your credential even more valuable and relevant.
If you’re already a Red Hat Certified Engineer, consider adding automation to your skill set by recertifying on the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 version of the credential. While you are not required to recertify on the new version, the changes we have made to the RHCE credential offer unique opportunities for you to expand your knowledge.
One of the options you have is to pursue the Red Hat Certified Specialist in Ansible Automation credential while it is still available, taking Automation with Ansible (DO407) as part of your preparation. The RHCSA credential validates skills that are similar to those demonstrated as part of the RHCE credential and could be applied toward becoming a Red Hat Certified Architect in Infrastructure.
If you are a Red Hat Certified System Administrator and would like to become a Red Hat Certified Engineer, you have two paths to choose from:
- The legacy track that places more emphasis on network services skills and is based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
- The new track that places more emphasis on automation skills and is based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8
Learn Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8
Start your journey toward earning a Red Hat Certified Engineer credential by becoming a Red Hat Certified System Administrator. By learning Linux system administration skills, you will build a foundation that you can add automation knowledge to through the RHCE credential.
Learn Red Hat Ansible Automation
By developing automation skills to complement your deployment and configuration abilities, you will prove your understanding of how Ansible Automation interacts with other Red Hat technologies.
These course and exam offerings will help you learn and validate automation knowledge:
- Advanced Automation: Ansible Best Practices (DO447)
- Red Hat Certified Specialist in Advanced Automation: Ansible Best Practices exam (EX447)
- Advanced Automation: Ansible Best Practices with exam (DO448)
To prepare for becoming a Red Hat Certified Engineer, Red Hat recommends these courses:
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator(RHCSA)
Keep your RHCE certification current by completing one of the following:
- Earn your Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE®) certification by passing the Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 7 version of the Red Hat Certified Engineer exam (EX300) as a current RHCSA.
- Earn your RHCE certification by passing the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 version of the RHCE exam (EX294) as a current RHCSA.
- Pass any of the exams an RHCE can apply toward becoming a Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA) in Infrastructure while still a current RHCE.
For more information visit Red Hat recertification page.