The below prerequisites demonstrate the skills and knowledge that will help you achieve the AWS Developer – Associate certification.
- One or more years of hands-on experience designing and maintaining an AWS-based application.
- In-depth knowledge of at least one high-level programming language.
- Understanding of core AWS services, uses and basic architecture best practices.
- Proficiency in designing, developing and deploying cloud-based solutions using AWS.
- Experience with developing and maintaining applications written for Amazon Simple Storage Service, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon Simple Queue Service, Amazon Simple Notification Service, Amazon Simple Workflow Service, AWS Elastic Beanstalk and AWS CloudFormation.
AWS Knowledge and Experience
- Professional experience using AWS technology.
- Hands-on experience programming with AWS APIs.
- Understanding of AWS security best practices.
- Understanding of automation and AWS deployment tools.
- Understanding of storage options and their underlying consistency models.
- Excellent understanding of at least one AWS SDK
General IT Knowledge
- Understanding of stateless and loosely coupled distributed applications.
- Familiarity developing with RESTful API interfaces.
- Basic understanding of relational and non-relational databases.
- Familiarity with messaging and queuing services
- Knowledge of RESTful Web Services, XML, JSON.
- Familiarity with the software development lifecycle.
- Work experience with information and application security, including public key encryption, SSH, access credentials and X.509 certificates.
AWS Certified Developer - Associate exam
The following course helps you prepare for this certification:
AWS Associate-level certification holders are required to get recertified every two years in order to remain valid. Two ways to maintain Associate-level certification:
- Take a Recertification Exam. This is not the same exam as the original, but follows the same format. Read more at AWS Recertification FAQs.
- Pass the Professional-level Exam. You can remain certified by earning either the AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional or AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional certification.