What is the Google Cloud Architect certification?
Google has created a track for IT professionals to certify as a cloud architect on the GCP platform. This certification program provides Google cloud professionals a way to demonstrate their skills. The assessment is based on a rigorous exam using industry standard methodology to determine whether a candidate meets Google’s proficiency standards.
According to Google, a Google Certified Professional Cloud Architect “enables organizations to leverage Google Cloud technologies. With a thorough understanding of cloud architecture and Google Cloud Platform, this individual can design, develop, and manage robust, secure, scalable, highly available, and dynamic solutions to drive business objectives.”
Candidates who achieve the Google Cloud Architect certification will gain confidence in their ability, understanding and proficiency with the GCP environment. In the competitive cloud marketplace, certifications will be a differentiator and position individuals ahead of the game.
Who should take the Cloud Architect exam?
Individuals should pursue the Google Certified Professional Cloud Architect certification if they want to demonstrate their expertise and ability to design and develop Google Cloud architectures. It’s ideal for solutions and/or enterprise architects, systems administrators or operations team members—or simply any individual who wants in on this particular area of IT and cloud (it is a booming industry after all!).
How will becoming a Google Certified Cloud Architect impact your job and career?
Certifications in the IT industry have a proven track record of providing value and confidence to employees, employers and customers, including:
- Demonstrated knowledge in a technology or product.
- Enhanced understanding of a technology or product.
- Differentiation from other candidates in a job application.
- Proof of continuous learning.
- Deepen understanding through preparation for a certification, even if you are familiar with the technology or product.
- Increased credibility for the professional and their organization.
- Increased opportunities for new tasks or career paths.
With these benefits (and more) in mind, a GCP Cloud Architect certification is no exception. A candidate that achieves certification as a Google Certified Professional Cloud Architect has proven their ability to leverage the GCP environment in many ways:
- Design and plan a cloud solution architecture.
- Manage and provision the cloud solution infrastructure.
- Design for security and compliance.
- Analyze and optimize technical and business processes.
- Manage implementations of cloud architecture.
- Ensure solution and operations reliability.
Now that you know what the GCP Cloud Architect certification is, it’s time to learn more about the exam and create a plan for achieving the certification.
You will be under observation during the exam, usually with cameras or a live proctor that remains in the room during the test.