How to Build a Web Server with Lambda
The idea of building and running applications without thinking about the servers (AKA serverless computing) is a developers dream come true.
Watch expert Rich Morrow to understand:
- The benefits of using serverless computing
- Different architectures that use serverless computing
- How AWS services, like Lambda, S3, API Gateway and DynamoDB work together to enable faster and more flexible application deployment and management.
This video also features a live demo: Building a web app with only serverless components.
Rich Morrow is a 20-year open-source technology veteran who enjoys coding and teaching as much as writing and speaking. His current passions are cloud technologies (mainly AWS and Google Cloud Platform) and big data (Hadoop / Spark and NoSQL), and he spends about half of his work life traveling the world training the Fortune 500 on their high-level value props as well as low-level technical implementation and operation. The other half of his work life revolves around speaking, writing, and analyst engagements around IoT, cloud, big data, mobile, and DevOps/agile methodologies. He served as one of the top 5 analysts for GigaOM, and now publishes his works through O'Reilly Media, Venture Beat, Global Knowledge, and other channels.
Participants can expect to learn the following:
- Advantages of SAM (Serverless Application Model)
- Lambda, S3, API Gateway overview
- Sample architectures (review 2-3 architectures involving those services)
- Live Demo on AWS