This webinar will look at Border Gateway Protocol and explore why we have the protocol; how its involved and how it works. We will look at how and where BGP is used in today’s networks and Internet. We will look at the basics of configuring it and some not so basic configurations.
Johnny Bass has been in the networking industry since the late 1980s. He is a course director for several programs, including Enterprise, Route Switch, and Service Provider for Global Knowledge
- BGP – Where did it come from and why?
- What is BGP?
- Where is BGP typically used?
- How does BGP compare with other routing protocols
- What’s the deal with iBGP versus eBGP?
- What are BGP attributes and how are they used?
- How to configure the basics:
- BGP neighbors
- Injecting routes
- What are address families and how to configure them?
- How do we manipulate the attributes and why?
- How do I know that BGP is working correctly?