Module 1 : How to build your first model-driven app with Dataverse
- Discover the value and key features of Dataverse.
- Learn about the value and key features of model-driven apps.
- Explore sample model-driven template apps.
Module 2 : Get started with model-driven apps in Power Apps
- Learn about model-driven app design
- Create a model-driven app
Module 3 : Manage tables in Dataverse
- Tables in Dataverse.
- Types of tables that are available in Dataverse.
- Creating a custom table.
- Enabling attachments within a table.
- Which licensing requirements to apply to use each type of table.
Module 4 : Create and manage columns within a table in Dataverse
- Learn what a column is in Dataverse.
- Learn about the types of columns that are available in Dataverse.
- Add a column to a table.
- Learn what a primary name column is in Dataverse.
- Identify restrictions that are associated with columns.
- Create an auto-numbering column.
- Create an alternate key.
Module 5 : Working with choices in Dataverse
- Learn about choices.
- Explore the standard choices.
- Create a new choice or modify an existing one.
Module 6 : Create a relationship between tables in Dataverse
- Why you should segment data that is used by your solutions into many tables.
- Why you need to relate one table to another.
- How to build relationships between tables.
- How to select the proper relationship type when you're building solutions with Dataverse.
Module 7 : Define and create business rules in Dataverse
- Define business rules in Dataverse.
- Create and manage business rules in Dataverse.
Module 8 : Create and define calculation or rollup columns in Dataverse
- Define a rollup column.
- Create a rollup column.
- Identify a calculation column.
- Create a calculation column.
Module 9 : Get started with security roles in Dataverse
- Learn about security roles and apply them to users in an environment.
- Learn how to add users to an environment.
- Understand security concepts in Dataverse
- Identify default security roles.
- Create a custom role.
- Create a custom security role and assign it to entities and users.
- Learn how to configure Dataverse teams for security
- Learn how to configure Dataverse group teams for security
Module 10 : Get started with Power Apps canvas apps
- Explore how Power Apps can make your business more efficient.
- Learn how to use different technologies to perform different tasks in Power Apps.
- Learn about the different ways to build an app in Power Apps.
- Create your first app from data in an Excel workbook.
Module 11 : Customize a canvas app in Power Apps
- Change the layout of a gallery.
- Change the data that a control shows.
- Change the order in which fields appear.
- Change the control with which a user provides information.
- Explore controls on each screen of an app.
- Format a number as a price.
- Color prices based on their values.
- Explore formulas in a generated app.
Module 12 : Manage apps in Power Apps
- Learn how to view and restore app versions.
- Explore how to share an app, including permissions and notifications.
- Learn about what environments are, how to create them, and how to manage security.
- Find more information about Power Apps.
Module 13 : Navigation in a canvas app in Power Apps
- Understand how navigation works in a canvas app
- Use the Navigate and Back functions
- Understand the different ways these functions can be invoked
Module 14 : How to build the UI in a canvas app in Power Apps
- Understand the basics of building the UI through themes, icons, control customization, and images.
- Use personalization in a canvas app
- Understand the differences between the Tablet and Mobile form factors
Module 15 : Use and understand Controls in a canvas app in Power Apps
- Understand how to use controls in a canvas app
- Use the different types of controls
- Understand how Galleries and Forms related to controls
Module 16 : Document and test your Power Apps application
- Learn about the different types of test plans and components of a good test plan
- Identify and discuss optimization tools and performance tuning
- Learn about the benefits of documenting your application
Module 17 : Use imperative development techniques for canvas apps in Power Apps
- Understand imperative vs. declarative development
- Understand the variables in Power Apps
- Understand when to utilize each of the three different types of variables
Module 18 : Create formulas that use tables, records, and collections in a canvas app in Power Apps
- Utilize formulas that process multiple records
- Use the Concat function to combine text from multiple records
- Utilize the Countrows, CountIf, ForAll
- Perform math operations on data in a table
Module 19 : Perform custom updates in a Power Apps canvas app
- Use the Patch function to update your data
- Understand how the Defaults function is used to create new records with Patch
- Utilize the Remove and RemoveIf functions to delete records
- Determine whether to use Clear and Collect or ClearCollect in their scenario
Module 20 : Complete testing and performance checks in a Power Apps canvas app
- Use best practices to improve the performance of your app
- Understand how to best test an app
- Use fiddler for troubleshooting
Module 21 : Work with relational data in a Power Apps canvas app
- Understand relational data
- Use relational data to improve an app user's experience in Power Apps
- Understand how to use relational data in Microsoft Dataverse
Module 22 : Work with data source limits (delegation limits) in a Power Apps canvas app
- Understand the different limits of different data sources
- Understand how functions, predicates, and operators all play roles in the limits
- Use this new understanding to choose the best data source for an app
Module 23 : Connect to other data in a Power Apps canvas app
- Understand and use action-based connectors
- Integrate user information and user-profile information into a canvas app
- Use Power Automate with Power Apps
Module 24 : Use custom connectors in a Power Apps canvas app
- Understand custom connectors and the basics of how to build one
- Understand the custom connector lifecycle
- Use postman with a custom connector
Module 25 : Get started with Power Automate
- Create a flow that automatically saves email attachments
- Learn how to create a button flow to send yourself a reminder
Module 26 : Build approval flows with Power Automate
- Create and process approval requests
- Build a flow that runs at recurring time intervals
- Create a business process flow with conditions
Module 27 : Introduction to expressions in Power Automate
- Use one or more functions to create expressions.
- Use functions to retrieve data, change data, evaluate data, and more.
Module 28 : Introduction to Microsoft Power Platform developer resources
- Explain what solution components exist within Microsoft Power Platform.
- Explain key components of Microsoft Dataverse and the Common Data Model.
- Explain what Azure solution elements relate to Microsoft Power Platform.
- Explain what AI Solutions exist as it relates to Microsoft Power Platform.
- Navigate the Developer Guide successfully in support of their Microsoft Power Platform development efforts.
Module 29 : Use developer tools to extend Microsoft Power Platform
- Install NuGet packages available for Microsoft Power Platform development
- Work with the Configuration Migration tool
- Work with Package Deployer
- Leverage Solution Packager to isolate features
- Run the Plugin Registration Tool
Module 30 : Introduction to extending Microsoft Power Platform
- Identify which elements architecturally comprise Microsoft Power Platform.
- Learn about the areas of extensibility that are available to customize Microsoft Power Platform through code.
- Discover different approaches to common business scenarios in respect to achieving extensibility by means of configuration versus code.
Module 31 : Introduction to Dataverse for developers
- Explain what functions can be executed against Microsoft Power Platform via Microsoft Power Platform SDKs.
- Perform basic operations against Microsoft Power Platform such as create/read/update/delete operations.
Module 32 : Extend plug-ins
- Learn how to extend plug-ins.
Module 33 : Performing common actions with client script
- Write client script to perform common actions as listed in the module units.
Module 34 : Automate business process flows with client script
Module 35 : Get started with Power Apps component framework
- Learn about Power Apps component framework architecture.
- Learn about Power Apps component tooling.
Module 36 : Build a Power Apps component
- Create a custom Power Apps component.
- Create a code component solution package.
- Test and debug a code component.
- Learn key concepts of Dataverse auditing
Module 37 : Use advanced features with Power Apps component framework
- Use formatting API in a Power Apps component.
- Use Dataverse web API in a Power Apps component.
Module 38 : Work with Dataverse Web API
- Interact with Dataverse Web API by using Postman.
- Authorize against Dataverse with OAuth.
- Use OData to query data.
Module 39 : Integrate Dataverse Azure solutions
- Publish Dataverse events to Microsoft Azure Service Bus.
- Write a Service Bus Event Listener that consumes Dataverse events.