Module 1 : Explore Microsoft Teams
- Describe Microsoft Teams core workloads
- Describe how Microsoft 365 integrates with Teams
- Describe how Microsoft Power Platform integrates with Teams
- Explain the architecture of Microsoft Teams and dependent services
- Describe how Microsoft Teams interacts with SharePoint, One Drive and Exchange
- Describe Teams certified solutions
Module 2 : Plan and deploy Microsoft Teams
- Describe different Teams admin roles
- Explain which management tools are available for Teams
- Plan for Teams rollout
- Understand the importance of a user adoption plan when deploying Teams
- Identify required licensing for Teams
- Deploy Teams clients
Module 3 : Implement lifecycle management and governance for Microsoft Teams
- Describe the lifecycle management for Teams
- Plan governance features for Teams
- Configure Microsoft 365 Groups governance features
- Plan the Teams policy assignment for different scenarios
- Create and manage policy packages
- Control Teams preview features for users
- Create and manage team templates and templates policies
Module 4 : Monitor your Microsoft Teams environment
- Analyze usage patterns by monitoring Microsoft 365 and Teams usage reports
- Interpret Microsoft Adoption Score
- Manage user access by using Azure AD access reviews
- Assess network readiness by using Microsoft 365 network connectivity dashboard
- Manage Teams notifications and alerts to monitor Teams capabilities and receive alerts
- Manage feedback policies
Module 5 : Manage access for external users
- Explain external access and guest access.
- Describe how to manage external access and guest access.
- Manage external collaboration in Azure Active Directory.
- Manage external collaboration in Microsoft 365.
- Manage external access in Microsoft Teams.
- Manage guest access in Microsoft Teams.
- Manage file sharing in SharePoint
Module 6 : Implement security for Microsoft Teams
- Configure Conditional Access and multifactor authentication for Microsoft Teams.
- Configure Safe Attachments for Microsoft Teams.
- Configure Safe Links for Microsoft Teams.
- Examine the Defender for Cloud Apps.
- Describe security reports for Microsoft Teams.
- Plan and configure enhanced encryption policies.
Module 7 : Implement compliance for Microsoft Teams
- Describe how sensitivity labels work and how to configure them.
- Describe how to create retention policies.
- Generate Data Loss Prevention policies to protect against data leakage.
- Deploy communication compliance for reviewing communication.
- Activate the scoped directory search in Teams.
- Describe how information barrier policies work and how to create them.
- Create and manage eDiscovery cases and supervision policies.
- Create and manage compliance recording policies.
- Configure alert policies for events in Microsoft Teams.
Module 8 : Plan and configure network settings for Microsoft Teams
- Explain the network requirements of Microsoft Teams.
- Work with the Network Planner tool.
- Utilize the Network Test Companion.
- Describe the required network ports and protocols.
- Configure reporting labels for Microsoft Teams.
- Implement Quality of Service in your environment.
Module 9 : Create and manage teams
- Create new teams
- Create teams from existing resources
- Create an org-wide team
- Manage team settings
- Manage users in a team
- Configure dynamic membership for teams
- Archive, restore from archive, delete, and restore deleted teams
Module 10 : Manage collaboration experiences for chat and channels
- Manage the creation of private channels
- Control the email integration of teams
- Organize the file sharing functions from the Teams client
- Create and modify messaging policies
- Understand how to set up channel moderation in teams
Module 11 : Manage apps for Microsoft Teams
- Describe apps, bots, and connectors in Microsoft Teams
- Explore admin settings for Teams apps
- Manage app permission policies
- Configure app setup policies
- Manage custom app policies and settings
- Publish a custom app in Microsoft Teams
Module 12: Introduction to Teams meetings and calling
- Describe Teams meetings and events
- Describe Teams Phone
- Describe auto attendants and call queues
- Describe Microsoft Teams Rooms, Teams meeting room devices, and Teams phones
Module 13 : Manage meetings and events experiences
- Understand meetings and events in Microsoft Teams
- Set up conference bridges
- Manage meeting policies
- Configure meeting settings
- Manage Live events policies
- Configure Live events settings
- Explain Live events in Microsoft 365
Module 14 : Plan for Microsoft Teams Rooms and Surface Hub
- Understand the main differences of Microsoft Teams Room for Android and Microsoft Teams Rooms for Windows
- Explain which accessories, components and peripherals are mandatory
- Understand the advantage of Surface Hub
- Understand the difference between the licensing options
- Plan and review a physical room layout
Module 15 : Configure, deploy, and manage Teams devices
- Understand scenarios for using Teams phones, Teams displays, and Microsoft Teams Rooms with voice services.
- Differentiate between the different options for deployment and management of devices.
- Deploy Teams phones and Teams displays.
- Configure Teams Phone for Microsoft Teams Rooms.
- Manage Teams devices in the Teams admin center and Teams Rooms Pro Management Portal.
Module 16 : Plan for Teams Phone
- Plan for a basic Teams Phone deployment.
- Plan for advanced Teams Phone calling options.
- Plan for Teams phones and devices.
Module 17 : Configure and deploy Teams Phone
- Configure emergency calling addresses
- Manage Microsoft Calling Plan numbers
- Setup and manage Operator Connect and Teams Phone Mobile
- Understand Teams Phone policies and configuration options
- Configure Audio Conferencing and Communication Credits
Module 18 : Configure and manage voice users
- Enable users for Teams Phone using Calling Plans, and Teams Phone Mobile or Operator Connect if it's configured for your tenant.
- Enable users for Direct Routing.
- Manage per-user options for Teams Phone.
Module 19 : Configure auto attendants and call queues
- Describe the differences between auto attendants and call queues.
- Design an auto attendant to gather information from callers.
- Explain how to set up auto attendants to implement your plan.
- Demonstrate how to plan call queues to manage many callers.
- Describe how to configure call queues to alert agents and route calls.
- Explain how to plan licensing for auto attendants and call queues.
Module 20 : Troubleshoot audio, video, and client issues
- Describe key aspects of Teams troubleshooting
- Identify call quality issues with call analytics
- Identify call quality issues with Call Quality Dashboard
- Identify call quality issues with the Direct Routing Health Dashboard