What You'll Learn
- Principles underlying agile methodologies and how to apply them in a team context
- Connect agile principles to the core lean disciplines and understand how to apply lean and agile principles to software/product development
- Trends driving agile adoption and the benefits of an iterative and incremental approach
- Gain a common vocabulary and understanding of the Scrum framework
- Roles and responsibilities of the ScrumMaster, Product Owner and Development Team
- Effectively facilitate Scrum meetings: daily scrum (stand-up), sprint/iteration planning, review and retrospectives
- Apply the Agile & Scrum principles and practices to build a real product
- Work with others on an agile team, using the iterative process to rapidly learn and change how the team works
Who Needs To Attend
All members of product/project delivery teams, not only ScrumMasters, but also people likely to work with or on an agile team. It is ideal for teams or organizations new to Agile who need practical and memorable instruction.
Upon completion of the class, your information will be submitted to the Scrum Alliance and you will become eligible to take the Certified Scrum Master (CSM) online exam. To be eligible for the exam, you must be present for the full duration of the two days of training and participate during the training session. Passing this exam will earn you the Certified Scrum Master designation.