In this course, you will learn how to install, operate, configure, and verify a basic IPv4 and IPv6 network, including configuring a LAN switch, configuring an IP router, managing network devices, and identifying basic security threats. The goal of the course is to provide you with the knowledge and skills necessary to install, configure, and operate a small- to medium-sized network.
Now at version 3.0, Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices, Part 1 (ICND1) v3.0 provides the foundational understanding of network Layers 1 through 3 that are applicable to core routing and switching plus other advanced technologies. Several topics have been added including; understanding the interactions and network functions of firewalls, wireless controllers and access points, along with additional focus on IPv6 and basic network security.
This course can be followed by Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices, Part 2 (ICND2) v3.0, which covers topics in more depth and teaches you how to perform basic troubleshooting steps in enterprise branch office networks, preparing learners for the CCNA Routing and Switching certification.
This course will enable you to:
- Prepare for the entry-level CCENT certification, which is the foundation for Cisco associate-level certifications and beyond
- Obtain the foundational understanding of network layers 1-3 that are applicable to core routing and switching plus other advanced technologies
- Develop basic routing and switching networking skills to configure, monitor, and troubleshoot Cisco networks for increased effectiveness and optimal performance within SMB settings
- Understand the interactions and network functions of firewalls, wireless controllers and access points
- Support Cisco network deployments and maintain these services in an on-going operational network
- To help with your success, you will receive a free ICND1 (200-105 ICND1) voucher
- Lab time:
-60 hours total over 180 days
-Labs are one to one and on Virtual Machines
-Be sure to logout of labs during class. Any remaining lab time can be used after class for additional practice and review