Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Red Hat Enterprise Linux Diagnostics and Troubleshooting (EX342, EX342K)
This performance-based exam tests your ability to analyze Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems for common issues that may cause degradation or loss of performance and either correct the issues or gather forensic information that can be passed along to a third party.
By passing this exam, you earn a Red Hat Certificate of Expertise that also counts toward earning a Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA®) credential
To help you prepare, the exam objectives highlight the task areas you can expect to see covered in the exam. Red Hat reserves the right to add, modify, and remove exam objectives. Such changes will be made public in advance.
Candidates for the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Linux Diagnostics and Troubleshooting should be able to:
1. Understand and employ general methods for troubleshooting
2. Diagnose and troubleshoot system start up issues
3. Diagnose and troubleshoot file system issues
4. Resolve package management issues
5. Troubleshoot and fix network connectivity issues
6. Diagnose application issues
7. Identify and fix authentication issues
8. Gather information to aid third party investigation of issues