What You'll Learn
- Establish a DFSMS configuration to automatically enforce your installation's storage management policies
- Convert service level requirements into appropriate parameters for data class, storage class, management class, and storage groups
- Create and test automatic class selection (ACS) routines
- Convert volumes and move data to system-managed volumes with data
- facility data set services (DFSMSdss)
- Specify appropriate management class and storage group parameters for
- DFSMShsm processing of system-managed data sets
- Establish procedures to control, manage, and recover the storage management subsystem with ISMF and operator commands
- Develop a DFSMS implementation plan
You should take the following courses or quivalent knowledge may be substituted for these courses.
- An Introduction to Data Storage Subsystems (SS05G)
- Storage Management Fundamentals (SS06G) or Storage Management Fundamentals (SK06G)
It is recommended that you have programming experience, which will aid in the writing of the ACS routines.
Who Needs To Attend
- Individuals responsible for developing and implementing effective storage management techniques using DFSMS