What You'll Learn
- Configuration and Troubleshooting of:
- Dynamic Multipoint VPN (DMVPN)
- Layer 2 concepts including Switches, HDLC and PPP
- Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) for IPv4 and IPv6
- Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP) for IPv4 and IPv6
- Routing Information Protocol (RIP) v2
- IGP Route Redistribution
- Controlling IGP Updates with Route Maps and Distribute Lists
- BGP-4 Neighbor Relationships (including Route Reflectors and Confederations) for IPv4 and IPv6
- Filtering BGP Updates using Prefix Lists, AS Path Access Lists, Communities, and Route Maps
- Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) Attribute Manipulation
- Multiprotocol Label Switching and Layer 3 VPN
- Router QOS
- IP Multicast Routing using PIM Sparse and Dense Modes
- Network Services including Network Address Translation (NAT), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), First Hop Redundancy Protocols, Network Time Protocols
- Network Troubleshooting methodologies and techniques
We recommend at least a month between the CIERS1 and CIERS2 courses.
Who Needs To Attend
Candidates for the CCIE Routing & Switching practical exam who are three to six months out from the date.
Note: This course, like all Global Knowledge courses, is provided only to individuals sponsored by an employer (business, government agency, non-profit, etc.). Fee-paying members of the general public are not permitted to register. For more information, please contact us at 1-866-716-668.
This course is part of the following programs or tracks: