Microsoft’s maintenance programme, Software Assurance, is designed to help customers realise the full value of their Software Investment, by offering a range of benefits:
- Easier Budgeting & Spreading Payments Annually
- Desktop Deployment Planning Services
- Technical Training Vouchers
- 24x7 Problem Resolution Support
- Virtual PC Express
- New Version Rights
Customer who purchase Software Assurance membership with their Open, Select or Enterprise Agreements can access these benefits via their Microsoft Volume Licensing System (MVLS).
How Global Knowledge can help
As a Global Knowledge Software Assurance Customer, you have privileged access to the following benefits free of charge:
- Provision of management of your vouchers removing the administration overheads
- Freephone Helpdesk for all SA customers on 0800 0184254
- Benefits outsourcing through MVLS for customers with vouchers in excess of 50 days
- Training Needs Analysis for customers with vouchers in excess of 50 days
- Extra days to add onto existing vouchers at £165 per day
- Ability to run on-site courses using vouchers
- Ability to schedule extra courses using vouchers
Update from Microsoft
While Deployment Planning Services and Software Assurance Training Vouchers (SATV) are typically valid for 180 days after date of creation, for vouchers created before April 1, 2020, we're extending active vouchers for an additional 90 days.
- This applies to all active Deployment Planning Services vouchers for cloud and on-premises engagements.
- This applies to all active vouchers for Software Assurance training courses including Azure courses that were recently removed from the catalog.
- No action is required from partners or customers. Microsoft will adjust its records and systems to reflect this 90-day extension.
- To help our partners work as efficiently and safely as possible, we're also waiving the onsite policy requirement for delivery partners and allowing for remote Deployment Planning Services engagements through June 30, 2020. We still expect partners to provide collaborative consultative sessions resulting in a comprehensive and actionable deployment plan.
- No action is required from partners or customers. Microsoft will adjust its records and systems to reflect this remote engagement allowance
Training Vouchers by Microsoft Learning
Microsoft Training Vouchers can be redeemed through Global Knowledge UK, which is a Microsoft Certified Partner for Learning Solutions (CPLS), for FREE Microsoft technical training. The training can be in public-schedule classes, or private (dedicated) courses. Your vouchers cannot be redeemed for Microsoft application courses, or training on any non-Microsoft products. The list price for Microsoft training is a minimum of £299 per day, so by utilising the training vouchers you can make a significant reduction in your training budget.
These vouchers are for designated courses and must be redeemed during the licence agreement. Your Benefits Administrator will need to activate the vouchers through Microsoft Volume Licensing Services (MVLS) and assign them to individuals in your organisation.
In March 2006 Microsoft expanded the current training voucher benefit for Software Assurance customers. Enterprise and Select agreement customers with 30,000 or more Office application or Client licenses will receive additional vouchers for training. Customers who were active on the launch date in March 2006 will receive the full allotment of additional vouchers, regardless of the time remaining in their agreement.
In summary, Global Knowledge is more than happy to activate your Software Assurance training benefits and create training vouchers on your behalf. All Global Knowledge require is your Microsoft Volume Licensing Services (MVLS) Agreement number and we can create the vouchers and allocate these to the authorised Microsoft courses of your choice.
We believe that these benefits are unique in the market and will give you access to a dedicated team to assist you in understanding how you can now take advantage of the great benefits of Software Assurance.