Red Hat Performance Tuning: Linux in Physical, Virtual, and Cloud
- Course Code RH442
- Duration 4 days
Additional Payment Options
GTC 43 inc. VAT
GTC, Global Knowledge Training Credit, please contact Global Knowledge for more details
This course is available in the following formats:
Event at company
Self paced electronic learning
Traditional Classroom Learning
Learning that is virtual
Request this course in a different delivery format.
Performance tuning and capacity planning for Red Hat Enterprise Linux
Red Hat Performance Tuning: Linux in Physical, Virtual, and Cloud (RH422) teaches senior Linux® system administrators the methodology of performance tuning. This course discusses system architecture with an emphasis on understanding its implications on system performance, performance adjustments, open source benchmarking utilities, networking performance, and tuning configurations for specific server use cases and workloads.
This course is based on Red Hat® Enterprise Linux 8.
Senior Linux system administrators responsible for maximizing resource utilization through performance tuning
As a result of attending this course, you should be able to obtain, analyze, and interpret system performance metrics, then use these metrics to help increase cost effectiveness, maximize application performance, and make better decisions about investment in hardware or cloud resources.
Following completion of this course you will have the knowledge and experience to:
- Analyze and tune for resource-specific scenarios
- Applying tuning profiles with the tuned tool
- Tune in virtual environments (hosts and guests)
- Trace and profile system events and activities
- Tune resource limits and utilization using systemd-integrated cgroups
- Gather performance metrics and benchmarking data
Introduction to performance tuning
- Understand the basic principles of performance tuning and analysis.
Collecting, graphing, and interpreting data
- Gain proficiency in using basic analysis tools and in evaluating data.
- Learn basic tuning theory and mechanisms used to tune the system.
- Understand and analyze hardware.
- Analyze CPU and memory performance of applications.
Mail server tuning
- Learn about basic storage tuning using an email server as an example.
Large memory workload tuning
- Understand memory management and tuning.
HPC workload tuning
- Understand tuning for CPU-bound applications.
File server tuning
- Understand storage and network tuning in the context of a file server application.
Database server tuning
- Tune memory and network performance using a database application as an example.
Power usage tuning
- Tune systems with power consumption in mind.
- Tune ’host’ and ’guest’ for efficient virtualization.
Having a RHCE certification or able to demonstrate equivalent experience
This course will help you prepare fpr the Red Hat Certified Specialist in Linux Performance Tuning exam (EX442)
Follow on CoursesTop
The following are recommended for further study:
The Red Hat Learning Subscription is an exclusive program that provides users with 12-months access to all Red Hat Online Learning and video classroom courses. All subscribers will receive unlimited access to online learning content, up to 400 hours of hands-on lab time and more than 300 recorded instructor videos.
There are two versions available: Basic and Standard. These are also available in an Enterprise variant for large companies. The Standard is the most extensive subscription and offers access to Red Hat exams as an extra.
For more information please see LS120 and LS220 below