PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner including exams
- Course Code P4P
- Duration 5 days
Additional Payment Options
GTC 31 inc. VAT
GTC, Global Knowledge Training Credit, please contact Global Knowledge for more details
This course is available in the following formats:
Event at company
Traditional Classroom Learning
Learning that is virtual
Request this course in a different delivery format.
The aim of this training event is to provide delegates with an in-depth knowledge and practical understanding of the PRINCE2® project management method. This training will help prepare delegates for the PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner examinations. The course follows the latest 2017 syllabus issued by AXELOS who manage PRINCE2®. This focuses on the PRINCE2® framework and how this is applied intelligently to real projects.
PRINCE2® has established itself as global standard for managing projects and is generic, tailorable and uniquely business-driven.
Organisations that have adopted the PRINCE2® claim that they have been able to deliver projects and their products more successful with enhanced control and greater customer satisfaction. This focuses on the PRINCE2® framework and how this is be applied intelligently to real projects.
These events can be delivered exclusively for your company at our locations or yours, specifically for your delegates and your needs. The Company Events can be tailored or standard course deliveries.
This training event is designed for project managers, project leaders,project coordinators, programme and operations managers and technical personnel who need to understand how PRINCE2® works.
- Understand the need for project management and a project management method.
- Understand the Principles, Themes and Processes used in PRINCE2® and how they are integrated.
- Understand how to practically apply PRINCE2® to projects.
- Prepare for and take the PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner examination
- Organisational structure
- Roles and responsibilities
- The project board
- The project manager
- Team manager
- Project assurance
- Project support
- Supplier relationships
- Purpose and importance
- Components and levels of plan
- Planning techniques
- Product based planning
- The steps in planning.
- Work package authorisation
- Stage assessments
- Establish project & stage tolerance
- Checkpoints & highlight reports
- Handling exception situations
- Project issues
- Project reporting
- Understanding risk
- Risk management Procedure
- The risk register
- Understanding quality
- Quality planning
- Product descriptions
- Quality control and quality review
- Change control procedure
- Authority levels
- Analysing change
- Starting up and Initiating a project
- Directing a project
- Managing stage boundaries
- Controlling a stage
- Managing product delivery
- Closing a project
PRINCE2® in practice
- Tailoring PRINCE2® for different business environments including Agile
- Scaling PRINCE2® for use with projects of different type and/or size
- Implementing PRINCE2® in an organisation
- Project documentation
There is no formal requirement for attending this course, although it would be beneficial to the delegates to have some understanding of project management.
Delegates will be provided with access to study the pre-course video files before the class starts, please reference the document that is sent with your course confirmation for details on how to access.
This PRINCE2® Foundation Pre-Course Video resource is for use in preparation for the PRINCE2® Foundation Course and those returning for PRINCE2® Practitioner. Each short video covers a key area within the PRINCE2® method plus information on the PRINCE2® exams. They are primarily designed to introduce or revise PRINCE2® terminology, concepts and activities to help you get ahead on your PRINCE2® course.
Delegates will take the PRINCE2® Foundation exam at the end of day 3 and the PRINCE2® Practitioner exam on day 5.
Exam fees are included in the list price.
PRINCE2® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited.