Managing Successful Programmes Foundation & Practitioner - Including Exams
- Course Code MSP
- Duration 5 days
Additional Payment Options
GTC 37 inc. VAT
GTC, Global Knowledge Training Credit, please contact Global Knowledge for more details
This course is available in the following formats:
Event at company
Traditional Classroom Learning
Learning that is virtual
Request this course in a different delivery format.
After you complete this course you will be able to:
- Plan for and gain crucial "buy-in" from the key stakeholders in your programme.
- Align projects to your strategy.
- Keep the focus on your change objectives.
- Provide your senior management colleagues with a flexible and relevant framework, so they can work with you to direct the change process.
- Achieve more efficient use of your resources.
- Better control the risks that may be hidden in the detail of activities and projects.
- Realise benefits during and after your programme through a formal process.
- Improve your control of costs, standards and quality.
- Effectively manage your programme's business case.
- Gain efficient control of a whole range of complex activities.
- Use clear role definitions to avoid confusion and conflict.
- Manage better the smooth transition from current to future operations.
- Be better briefed to work within programmes and Gateway Reviews.
- Gain a recognised Programme Management qualification.
Building your own map of a programme lifecycle
- Designing your programme team
- How leaders lead a programme
- Drafting a Programme Brief
- How to make sure benefits are realised by good transition management
- Engaging the stakeholders; communications in a programme
- Risk and Issue management
- Ensure the quality of the final capability
- Planning, tracking and controlling progress in the programme
- Presenting a Programme Definition
- Managing the developing new business capability and controlling changes
- Integrating the processes, information and roles in the programme
Programme Management Processes
- Identifying a Programme
- Defining a Programme
- Governing a Programme
- Managing the Benefits
- Closing a Programme
- Fitting it all together with a Case Study
- Mock Examinations
- Examination Tips
- Daily review questions
- Foundation Examination - web proctored voucher provided part of the course fee
- Practitioner Examination - web proctored voucher provided part of the course fee
Attendees should meet the following prerequisites:
- Delegates should ideally have experience of managing or working in programmes prior to attending. Knowledge of the PRINCE2® project management method is advantageous but by no means mandatory, but some exposure to a project management method will aid understanding of how the programme works with these projects.
Recommended preparation for exam(s):
- Managing Successful Programmes Foundation Exam
- Managing Successful Programmes Practitioner Exam
This course is based upon the Guide leading to the Axelos Examination in Programme Management. The Foundation exam consists of 60 multiple choice questions, to be completed closed book within 60 minutes. Candidates must score a minimum of 60% (36 marks) out of 60 to pass. The Practitioner exam is objective marking style, open book paper which consists of 58 questions to be completed within 150 minutes (2.5 hours). Candidates must score at least 60% (42 marks) out of a possible 70 to pass.
Web proctored exam vouchers are provided with this course. These will have a validity of 12 months, you will need to schedule your exams within this time frame.
Exams are included in the course fee.
Follow on CoursesTop
The following courses are recommended for further study:
- MSPAP - Managing Successful Programmes Advanced Practitioner
- Managing Successful Programmes Foundation & Practitioner - Including Exams
- Project Management
- MSP | Managing Successful Programmes Foundation & Practitioner - Including Exams | Training Course | Project Management.
- Project Management