Coaching and Mentoring Team Members
- Course Code GK2984
- Duration 1 days
Additional Payment Options
GTC 2 inc. VAT
GTC, Global Knowledge Training Credit, please contact Global Knowledge for more details
This course is available in the following formats:
Event at company
Traditional Classroom Learning
Request this course in a different delivery format.
Coaching and mentoring can help your team members improve on-the-job performance and develop into your organization's leaders of tomorrow. Coaching can also help bring underperformers' work up to standard. This short course will explain the difference between coaching and mentoring and outline the basics of both. You'll learn about what makes a great coach, how to structure a coaching session, and the keys to formal mentoring in the workplace.
This virtual short course, specifically designed to give you a quick convenient way to renew and refresh your project management skills, maintain your Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification, and earn PDUs on your own time, at your own pace.
Virtual short courses do not include materials or headsets.
PMP is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Difference between coaching and mentoring
- What makes a successful coach
- Set goals for coaching
- Structure a coaching session
- Coach underperformers
- Characteristics of great mentors
- What mentees need to do to succeed
- Difference Between Coaching and Mentoring
- What Does a Coach Do?
- Characteristics of Good Coaches
- Preparing for and Structuring the Coaching Session
- Coaching Dos and Don'ts
- Keys to Formal Mentoring in the Workplace
- Matching Mentors and Mentees
- What Makes an Effective Mentor?
- What Does a Mentee Need to Contribute?
4. Questioning and Listening Skills
5. Other Issues
- Coaching and Mentoring Your Team Members
- Hostile Students
Follow on CoursesTop
- Project Management Fundamentals (GK2868)
- Motivation and Delegation (GK2956)
- Project Management, Leadership, and Communication (GK2658)
- Providing Performance Feedback To and About Team Members (GK2937)