Kicking Off Your Project
- Course Code GK2735
- Duration 1 day
Additional Payment Options
GTC 2 inc. VAT
GTC, Global Knowledge Training Credit, please contact Global Knowledge for more details
This course is available in the following formats:
Event at company
Traditional Classroom Learning
Request this course in a different delivery format.
Improve project buy-in with an effective kick-off meeting.
Learn to use the project kick-off to get everyone involved and focused on the big picture and the long-term goal of the project. Discover why kick-off meetings can be good and bad for business, how they can be used effectively for staff and clients, main issues and reasons for kick-off events, and techniques and tools for keeping the audience's attention. Examine kick-off meeting pitfalls, and learn to use kick-off meetings for effective relationship building and to celebrate a new product or service, pre-empt or diffuse the rumor mills, show executive support, encourage the staff, and appreciate the customer.
This virtual short course, specifically designed to give you a quick convenient way to renew and refresh your project management skills, maintain your Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification, and earn PDUs on your own time, at your own pace.
Virtual short courses do not include materials or headsets.
PMP is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
PMP-certified project managers, IT project managers, project coordinators, project analysts, project leaders, senior project managers, team leaders, product managers, program managers, project sponsors, and project team members who want to continue to develop their skills and renew their PMP certification.
- Benefits of kick-off meetings for marketing and staff moral
- Tools and techniques for getting the most from kick-off meetings
- How to make your meetings more productive and efficient
- Why and when kick-off meetings should be used
- 1. What defines a project kick-off?
- 2. Introducing the team, the clients, the concept
- 3. Why some project kick-offs more common than others
- 4. Benefits and drawbacks of kick-offs
- 5. How kick-offs can diffuse challenging situations
- 6. Testing the waters at kick-offs: deadlines, participants, ideas
- 7. Using kick-offs to give the big picture and get feedback from participants
- 8. Making kick-offs rewarding with proper planning and execution
- 9. Kick-off pitfalls to avoid
- There are no prerequisites for this course.
Follow on CoursesTop
- IT Risk Management
- Program Management
- Requirements Development, Documentation, and Management