Identity with Windows Server 2016
- Course Code M20742
- Duration 5 days
- Version B
Additional Payment Options
GTC 37 inc. VAT
GTC, Global Knowledge Training Credit, please contact Global Knowledge for more details
This course is available in the following formats:
Learning that is blended in some way
Event at company
Traditional Classroom Learning
Learning that is virtual
Request this course in a different delivery format.
- Install and configure domain controllers.
- Manage objects in AD DS by using graphical tools and Windows PowerShell.
- Implement AD DS in complex environments.
- Implement AD DS sites, and configure and manage replication.
- Implement and manage Group Policy Objects (GPOs).
- Manage user settings by using GPOs.
- Secure AD DS and user accounts.
- Implement and manage a certificate authority (CA) hierarchy with AD CS.
- Deploy and manage certificates.
- Implement and administer AD FS.
- Implement and administer Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS).
- Implement synchronization between AD DS and Azure AD.
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and establish business continuity for AD DS services.
- Module 1: Installing and configuring DCs
- Overview of AD DS
- Overview of AD DS DCs
- Deploying DCs
- Lab : Deploying and administering AD DS
- Deploying AD DS
- Deploying a DC by performing DC cloning
- Administering AD DS by using Active Directory Administrative Center
- Module 2: Managing objects in AD DS
- Managing user accounts
- Managing groups in AD DS
- Managing computer accounts
- Using Windows PowerShell for AD DS administration
- Implementing and managing organizational units
- Lab : Deploying and administering AD DS
- Creating and configuring user accounts in AD DS
- Creating and configuring groups in AD DS
- Managing computer objects in AD DS
- Lab : Administering AD DS
- Delegating administration for a branch office
- Creating user accounts and groups by using Windows PowerShell
- Module 3: Advanced AD DS infrastructure management
- Overview of advanced AD DS deployments
- Deploying a distributed AD DS environment
- Configuring AD DS trusts
- Lab : Domain and trust management in AD DS
- Implementing child domains in AD DS
- Implementing forest trusts
- Module 4: Implementing and administering AD DS sites and replication
- Overview of AD DS replication
- Configuring AD DS sites
- Configuring and monitoring AD DS replication
- Lab : Managing and implementing AD DS sites and replication
- Modifying the default site
- Creating additional sites and subnets
- Configuring AD DS replication
- Monitoring and troubleshooting AD DS replication
- Module 5: Implementing Group Policy
- Introducing Group Policy
- Implementing and administering GPOs
- Group Policy scope and Group Policy processing
- Troubleshooting the application of GPOs
- Lab : Implementing a Group Policy infrastructure
- Creating and configuring GPOs
- Managing GPO scope
- Lab : Troubleshooting a Group Policy infrastructure
- Verify GPO application
- Troubleshooting GPOs
- Module 6: Managing user settings with GPOs
- Implementing administrative templates
- Configuring Folder Redirection and scripts
- Configuring Group Policy preferences
- Lab : Managing user settings with GPOs
- Using administrative templates to manage user settings
- Implement settings by using Group Policy preferences
- Configuring Folder Redirection
- Planning Group Policy (optional)
- Module 7: Securing AD DS
- Securing domain controllers
- Implementing account security
- Audit authentication
- Configuring managed service accounts (MSAs)
- Lab : Securing AD DS
- Implementing security policies for accounts and passwords
- Implementing administrative security policies
- Deploying and configuring a read-only domain controller (RODC)
- Creating and associating a gMSA
- Module 8: Deploying and managing AD CS
- Deploying CAs
- Administering CAs
- Troubleshooting and maintaining CAs
- Lab : Deploying and configuring a two-tier CA hierarchy
- Deploying an offline root CA
- Deploying an enterprise subordinate CA
- Module 9: Deploying and managing certificates
- Deploying and managing certificate templates
- Managing certificate deployment, revocation, and recovery
- Using certificates in a business environment
- Implementing and managing smart cards
- Lab : Deploying certificates
- Configuring certificate templates
- Enrolling and using certificates
- Configuring and implementing key recovery
- Module 10: Implementing and administering AD FS
- Overview of AD FS
- AD FS requirements and planning
- Deploying and configuring AD FS
- Overview of Web Application Proxy
- Lab : Implementing AD FS
- Configuring AD FS prerequisites
- Installing and configuring AD FS
- Configuring AD FS for a single organization
- Configuring AD FS for federated business partners
- Module 11: Implementing and administering AD RMS
- Overview of AD RMS
- Deploying and managing an AD RMS infrastructure
- Configuring AD RMS content protection
- Lab : Implementing an AD RMS infrastructure
- Installing and configuring AD RMS
- Configuring AD RMS templates
- Using AD RMS on clients
- Module 12: Implementing AD DS synchronization with Azure AD
- Planning and preparing for directory synchronization
- Implementing directory synchronization by using Azure AD Connect
- Managing identities with directory synchronization
- Lab : Configuring directory synchronization
- Preparing for directory synchronization
- Configuring directory synchronization
- Managing Active Directory users and groups
- Module 13: Monitoring, managing, and recovering AD DS
- Monitoring AD DS
- Managing the AD DS database
- Recovering AD DS objects
- Lab : Recovering objects in AD DS
- Backing up and restoring AD DS
- Recovering objects in AD DS
- Some exposure to and experience with AD DS concepts and technologies in Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016.
- Experience working with and configuring Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016
- Experience and an understanding of core networking technologies such as IP addressing, name resolution, and Dynamic
- Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
- Experience working with and an understanding of Microsoft Hyper-V and basic server virtualization concepts.
- An awareness of basic security best practices.
- Hands-on working experience with Windows client operating systems such as Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10.
- Basic experience with the Windows PowerShell command-line interface.