Microsoft 365 Fundamentals
- Course Code GKMS365F
- Duration 1 day
This course is available in the following formats:
Traditional Classroom Learning
Learning that is virtual
Request this course in a different delivery format.
This course provides foundational knowledge on the considerations and benefits of adopting cloud services and the Software as a Service (SaaS) cloud model, with a specific focus on Microsoft 365 cloud service offerings.
You will begin by learning about cloud fundamentals, including an overview of cloud computing and specifically Microsoft cloud services. You will be introduced to Microsoft Azure, and you will examine the differences between Microsoft 365 and Office 365. You will then perform an in-depth review of Microsoft 365, including a comparison of Microsoft on-premises services versus Microsoft 365 cloud services, a review of enterprise mobility in Microsoft 365, and an analysis of how Microsoft 365 services provide collaboration.
The course then analyzes how security, compliance, privacy, and trust are handled in Microsoft 365, and it concludes with a review of Microsoft 365 subscriptions, licenses, billing, and support.
Exam voucher is not included on any complimentary sessions.
This interactive training can be taken from any location, your office or home and is delivered by a trainer. This training does not have any delegates in the class with the instructor, since all delegates are virtually connected. Virtual delegates do not travel to this course, Global Knowledge will send you all the information needed before the start of the course and you can test the logins.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Differentiate between the various cloud service models
- Identify the key differences between Microsoft 365 and Office 365
- Plan for migration to Microsoft 365 services
- Identify key differences between Microsoft on-premises services vs. Microsoft 365 cloud services
- Define enterprise mobility in Microsoft 365
- Identify how Microsoft 365 services provide collaboration
- Understand identities, including cloud, on-premises, and hybrid identity
- Understand cloud device management and protection, including the use of Intune
- Understand data protection, including the use of Azure Information Protection
- Describe compliance in general and the compliance features in Microsoft 365
- Describe Microsoft 365 subscriptions, licenses, billing, and support
Module 1: Understanding Cloud Fundamentals
- Cloud Computing Overview
- Microsoft Cloud Services
- Migration to cloud services
- Exercise 1: Determine the appropriate cloud model (paper-based lab)
Module 2: Microsoft 365 Fundamentals
- Microsoft 365 core services
- Microsoft on-premise services vs. Microsoft 365 cloud services
- Enterprise Mobility in Microsoft 365
- Collaboration in Microsoft 365
- Exercise 1: Activating and configuring a Microsoft 365 tenant
- Exercise 2: Exploring the Microsoft 365 user and admin portal
- Exercise 3: Configuring new user and group accounts
Module 3: Security, Compliance, Privacy and Trust in Microsoft 365
- Organization security overview
- Identity basics
- Devices and data protection
- Compliance in Microsoft 365
- Exercise1: Managing users and devices in Azure Active Directory
- Exercise2: Evaluate Identity Protection
- Exercise3: Explore tools for compliance
Module 4: Subscriptions and support in Microsoft 365
- Microsoft 365 Subscriptions, licenses, and billing
- Support in Microsoft 365
- Exercise 1: Explore interfaces for billing and subscriptions
- Exercise 2: Add trial licenses to the tenant
- Exercise 3: Review support options
This course is designed for IT Professionals who aspire to deploy and manage cloud services in their organization. Students should have the following background:
- General IT knowledge or any general experience working in an IT environment
- General (sales level) experience on corresponding Microsoft on-premises products, such as Exchange Server, SharePoint, Office Professional, AD RMS and others
- Experience addressing business/legal/security requirements for IT
- Microsoft 365 Fundamentals
- Cloud Computing
- GKMS365F | Microsoft 365 Fundamentals | Training Course | Microsoft.