Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 Assessment, Design and Advanced Configuration
- Course Code CWS-415
- Duration 5 days
- Version 7.19
This course is available in the following formats:
Event at company
Self paced electronic learning
Traditional Classroom Learning
Learning that is virtual
Request this course in a different delivery format.
This advanced 5-day training course teaches the design principles for creating a Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops virtualization solution. In this training, you will learn how to assess existing environments, explore different scenarios and make design decisions based on business requirements.
This course covers the Citrix Consulting approach to design and covers the key design decisions through lectures, lab exercises, and interactive discussions. Additional considerations and advanced configurations for multi-location solutions and disaster recovery planning are also incrporated into this class.
This training will help you prepare for the Citrix Certified Expert in Virtualization (CCE-V) exam.
These events can be delivered exclusively for your company at our locations or yours, specifically for your delegates and your needs. The Company Events can be tailored or standard course deliveries.
This course includes an exam.
IT Professionals with significant experience with Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 as well as supporting infrastructure. If you are responsible for the environment design and overall health, or are guiding others through the process (as a consultant), you should consider taking this training.
After completing this course you should be able to:
- Identify risks and areas for improvement in a Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops environment by assessing relevant information in an existing deployment.
- Determine core Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops design decisions and align them to business requirements to achieve a practical solution.
- Design a Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops disaster recovery plan and understand different disaster recovery considerations.
Methodology & Assessment
- Business Drivers
- User Segmentation
- Application Assessment
- Capabilities Assessment
- Endpoints & Peripherals
- Citrix Workspace App
- Network Connectivity
- Access Matrix*
- Access Layer Architecture Design Considerations
- StoreFront Store Design
- Scalability and Redundancy
Resource Layer - Images
- FlexCast Model Assignment*
- Virtual Delivery Agent Machine Scalability
- Virtual Delivery Agent Machine Security
- Provisioning Strategy / Image Management
Resource Layer - Applications and Personalization
- Application Delivery
- Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Site Design
- Machine Catalogs & Delivery Groups*
- Site Management Considerations
- Control Layer Scalability & High Availability
- Control Layer Security
- Assessment Considerations for Hardware & Hypervisor Selection
- Cluster / Resource Pool Design
- Hardware / Compute Layer Sizing
- Datacenter Networking
Maintaining an App Layering Environment
- Multiple Location Considerations - Introduction
- Multiple Location Considerations - Access
- Multiple Location Considerations - Image Management
- Multiple Location Considerations - Profiles & Data
- Multiple Location Considerations - Printing
- Multiple Location Considerations - Control Layer
- Disaster Recovery - Levels
- Disaster Recovery - Strategy
- Disaster Recovery – Process
*Optional content based on instructor criteria
Attendees should meet the following prerequisites:
- Extensive experience with Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 as well as experience with Citrix Gateway and supporting infrastructure.
- Attendance of CXD-310 or CWS-315 is receommended.
- CMB-318 - Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7, App Layering, and WEM Administration (Fast-Track)
- CWS-215 - Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 Administration On-Premises and in Citrix Cloud
- CWS-314 - Citrix App Layering and WEM Administration
- CWS-315 - Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 Advanced Administration
Recommended as preparation for the following exams:
- Citrix Certified Expert - Virtualization Exam
Please note you will need to have the CCP-V Certification in order to obtain the CCE-V Accreditation
- /en-gb/-/media/global-knowledge/merchandising/right-side-column/uk/itil-v3-retirement.png https://www.globalknowledge.com/en-gb/training/courses/topics/itil-and-service-management/itil4-training-resources/Transition-to-ITIL-4?utm_source=Course%20Overview&utm_medium=Banner&utm_campaign=ITIL%20v3%20retirement #000000