Transforming to a Cisco Intent Based Network
- Course Code IBNTRN
- Duration 5 days
- Version 1.1
Additional Payment Options
- CLC Accepted excl. VAT
This course is available in the following formats:
Event at company
Self paced electronic learning
Traditional Classroom Learning
Learning that is virtual
Request this course in a different delivery format.
The Transforming to a Cisco Intent-Based Network (IBNTRN) course teaches you how the functionality of Cisco® SD-Access fits into Cisco Digital Network Architecture (Cisco DNA™). Through a combination of lessons and hands-on learning, you will practice operating, managing, and integrating Cisco DNA Center, programmable network infrastructure, and Cisco SD-Access fundamentals. You will learn how Cisco delivers intent-based networking across the campus, branch, WAN, and extended enterprise and ensures that your network is operating as intended.
This course is worth 40 Continuing Education Credits
These events can be delivered exclusively for your company at our locations or yours, specifically for your delegates and your needs. The Company Events can be tailored or standard course deliveries.
Individuals who are looking to leverage the functionality of Cisco DNA Center to streamline operations, reduce costs, detect and contain threats, and continuously align the network to business needs
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Identify the Cisco Digital Network Architecture solution by describing the vision, strategy, general concepts, and components.
- Describe the Cisco DNA Center design application, hierarchical network design, and basic network settings, and describe the integration of Cisco DNA Center with Cisco Identity Services Engine (Cisco ISE) for Automation and Assurance.
- Describe the Cisco DNA Center Inventory and the available mechanisms for discovering and adding network devices, and explore the device compatibility with Cisco DNA Center and SD-Access.
- Describe the Cisco DNA Center automation features such as configuration templates, software image maintenance, and Plug and Play (PnP) device onboarding.
- Explore the Cisco DNA Center user interface, the available workflows for onboarding devices, and how to design and manage a network.
- Introduce Cisco SD-Access, describe the different node types in the fabric and the two-level segmentation provided by the solution, and take a deep dive into the control and data plane protocols used in Cisco SD-Access.
- Describe the Cisco DNA Center workflow for deploying Cisco SD-Access, defining all the prerequisite network settings and profiles, defining the required policies, creating fabric domains and sites, and provisioning fabric nodes.
- Create and manage fabric domains and sites, provision fabric devices, and onboard your endpoints in a single site or distributed fabric campus network.
- Describe the features available for automating and monitoring wireless networks with Cisco DNA Center, and describe the available deployment models with their benefits and limitations, such as wireless Over-the-Top (OTT) and SD-Access Wireless.
- Describe the Cisco SD-Access Extension for IoT solution, its architecture and components, and the benefits and limitations of the solution
- Describe the use cases and migration scenarios for migrating users from traditional campus to SD
Introducing Cisco DNA Architecture
Cisco DNA Center Design
Cisco DNA Center Inventory
Cisco DNA Center Automation
Explore Cisco DNA Center and Automating Network Changes
Introducing Cisco Software-Defined Access
Deploying Cisco Software-Defined Access
Deploy Wired Fabric Networks with Cisco DNA Center
Cisco SD-Access for Wireless
Cisco SD-Access Extension for IoT
Deploy Brownfield and Fabric Wireless Network with Cisco DNA Center
Migrating to Cisco SD-Access
Cisco SD-Access Multicast
Integrating Cisco DNA Center
Deploy SD-Access Layer 2 Borders and Multicast and Integrate Cisco DNA Center with External Services or Applications
Understanding Programmable Network Infrastructure
Operating and Managing Cisco DNA Infrastructure
Test Drive Cisco DNA Center APIs
- Explore Cisco DNA Center and Automate Network Changes
- Deploy Wired Fabric Networks with Cisco DNA Center
- Deploy Brownfield and Fabric Wireless Network with Cisco DNA Center
- Deploy SD-Access Layer 2 Borders and Multicast and Integrate Cisco DNA Center with External Services or Applications
Attendees should meet the following prerequisites:
- Understanding of network routing and switching principles equivalent to a CCNP® Enterprise level
- Experience with Cisco Unified Wireless Network technologies
- Experience with Cisco ISE, 802.1x, and Cisco TrustSec
- Understanding of segmentation technologies such as VLANs and Virtual Routing and Forwarding (VRF)
- Basic understanding of overlay technologies such as Virtual Extensible LAN (VXLAN)
- Basic understanding of Locator ID Separation Protocol (LISP).
Recommended as preparation for the following exam:
- This course is currently not aligned to an exam
- /en-gb/-/media/global-knowledge/merchandising/right-side-column/uk/cisco-clcs.png https://www.globalknowledge.com/en-gb/training/courses/technology-providers/cisco/learning-credits-clc #000000
- Transforming to a Cisco Intent Based Network
- Routing & Switching
- IBNTRN | Transforming to a Cisco Intent-Based Network | Cisco DNA Training |