First in the world: the basic VSphere training in blended learning form!
- Date: 23 January, 2019
Do you want to master the basics of VSphere but you don’t have the time to attend the 5-day VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage (VSICM) training course? e-Learning can be an excellent alternative, but there is a lot of self-discipline needed to wrestle through e-Learning material without any guidance or support, which can make you doubt whether you have sufficient motivation to complete the entire course.
If this sounds familiar, we now have the solution for you. Global Knowledge is the first VMware authorised Training Centre (VATC) in the world which offer the VMware VSphere: Install, configure, Manage (VSICM) in a blended learning form.
Blended Live from Global Knowledge combines the expert direction of instructor-led training and the flexibility of on-demand learning and will enable you to close critical skills gaps more effectively while maintaining your day to day responsibilities.
A mix of classroom and self-study
In the Blended Learning programme, as with our classroom and e-learning courses, you get the official teaching material from the vendor. Part of the course will be self-paced e-Learning but you will also have a number of days to attend ‘in class’ education, receiving training from one of our qualified instructors. Along with your fellow students, you can ask questions or get advice on problems you may have encountered with your e-Learning.
What do you do at home, what do you do in the classroom?
You will receive clear explanations and instruction on which chapters and assignments to complete at home and which to do in the classroom.
What will you learn?
As with our traditional ‘classroom’ training, the aim of our blended learning is to fully enable you to administer a vSphere infrastructure for an organisation of any size. It is the foundation for most other VMware technologies in the software-defined data centre.
On completion you should be able to:
- Describe the software-defined data center
- Explain the vSphere components and their function in the infrastructure
- Add ESXi hosts to a VMware vCenter® Server Appliance™ instance
- Manage vCenter Server Appliance
- Use a local content library as an ISO store, and deploy a virtual machine
- Describe vCenter Server architecture
- Use vCenter Server to manage an ESXi host
- Configure and manage vSphere infrastructure with VMware Host Client™ and VMware vSphere® Client™
- Describe virtual networks with vSphere standard switches
- Configure standard switch policies
- Use vCenter Server to manage various types of host storage: VMware vSphere® VMFS, NFS, iSCSI, and RDM
- Examine the features and functions of Fibre Channel and VMware vSAN™
- Manage virtual machines, templates, clones, and snapshots
- Migrate virtual machines with VMware vSphere® vMotion®
- Migrate virtual machine storage with VMware vSphere® Storage vMotion®
- Monitor resource usage, and manage resource pools
- Discuss the VMware vSphere® High Availability cluster architecture
- Configure vSphere HA
- Manage vSphere HA and VMware vSphere® Fault Tolerance
- Use VMware vSphere® Replication™ and VMware vSphere® Data Protection™ to replicate virtual machines and perform data recovery
- Use VMware vSphere® Distributed Resource Scheduler™ clusters to improve host scalability
- Use VMware vSphere® Update Manager™ to apply patches and perform basic troubleshooting of ESXi hosts, virtual machines, and vCenter Server operations
- Identify troubleshooting methodology to logically diagnose faults and improve troubleshooting efficiency
The course will also help to prepare you for the VMware Certified Professional 6.5 – Data Center Virtualization (VCP6.5-DCV) certification.