Certified Information Privacy Technologist (CIPT)
The Certified Information Privacy Technologist (CIPT) certification, developed by the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP), validates your knowledge of privacy-related issues and practices in the context of the design and implementation of information and communication technologies.
Gaining the CIPT credential is an excellent introductory step for IT practitioners who desire a greater understanding of privacy requirements in technology. The ideal CIPT candidates are professionals who are responsible for developing, engineering, deploying and/or auditing IT products and services.
About the CIPT Exam
The CIPT exam consists of 70 scored multiple-choice items and 20 non-scored multiple-choice trial items, some of which are scenario-based. The passing score is 300 out of 500 possible points.
- Certified Information Privacy Technologist (CIPT) Prep Training Course
- Certified Information Privacy Professional and Technologist (CIPP/E, CIPT) Prep Course
CIPT Certification Renewal
The CIPT credential is valid for two years. To maintain you credential, you must meet two minimum requirements over the term of your certification:
- Pay an annual certification maintenance fee (included in IAPP's membership fee).
- Fulfill 20 hours of continuing privacy education (CPE).
- Learn more about the certification process, and download the IAPP Privacy Certification Candidate Handbook at https://iapp.org/certify/certification-process.