Cisco CCIE Security Certification
The new CCIE Security certification has been redesigned to leverage the skills obtained at the new CCNP level. The certification covers core technology areas and validates your end-to-end lifecycle skills in complex security technologies and solutions, from planning and design to operating and optimizing.
To earn the CCIE Security certification you must complete two exams:
- The qualifying exam, Implementing and Operating Cisco Security Core Technologies (350-701 SCOR), focuses on your knowledge of security infrastructure including network security, cloud security, content security, endpoint protection and detection, secure network access, visibility and enforcements.
- The 8-hour, hands-on lab exam, CCIE Security v6.0, covers the end-to-end lifecycle of complex security solutions and technologies from designing and deploying to operating and optimizing
To achieve CCIE certification, you must take and pass your lab exam within 3 years of passing your core exam.
Please note: The below exams will not be available until 24th of February 2020
If you have already started working towards the current CCIE Security certification then keep going and complete if possible before the cutover.
If you pass the current CCIE Security v5.0 Written exam before February 24, you’ll be eligible to take the new CCIE Security v6.0 Lab exam after February 24, and you’ll automatically receive the Cisco Certified Specialist – Security Core certification
If you complete the entire CCIE Security certification before February 24, then on February 24, you’ll automatically maintain your CCIE Security certification, and receive the Cisco Certified Specialist – Security Core certification
Required Exams and Recommended Training
|Required Exams||Training Courses|
|350-701 SCOR||Implementing and Operating Cisco Security Core Technologies (SCOR)|
|CCIE Security v6.0 Lab Exam||No specific course available|
Recertification is an important indicator to you and your employer that you have kept up with current technology trends and validated your skills at the rigorous level of the original certification exam. All certifications will have a three-year recertification deadline
- Pass any one expert-level certification exam
- Pass any one CCIE lab exam
- Pass any three professional concentration exams
- Pass one technology core exam and pass any one professional concentration exam.
(This is also a CCNP certification if done in the same track.)
- Earn 120 Continuing Education points. The Continuing Education program will be extended to the CCNA, Specialist, CCNP, CCIE certifications – 120 Credits will be required for CCIE Level recertifications.