ITIL Intermediate Certification
The ITIL Intermediate certification is broken down into 2 streams, the lifecycle stream and the capability stream.
Prerequisites: ITIL Foundation
There are two streams here, a lifecycle stream and a capability stream.
Each of the 5 lifecycle stream courses covers one core book - thus one phase of the service lifecycle. The lifecycle courses provide amanagement focused view of each element and comprise of:
- ITIL® Service Lifecycle: Continual Service Improvement (CSI)
- ITIL® Service Lifecycle: Service Design (SD)
- ITIL® Service Lifecycle: Service Operation (SO)
- ITIL® Service Lifecycle: Service Strategy (SS)
- ITIL® Service Lifecycle: Service Transition (ST)
The lifecycle certificates are each worth 3 credits towards achieving the ITIL® Expert.
Each of the 4 capability stream courses covers a set of processes and provides a more granular, mechanical view of how the processes and functions mesh together. They comprise of:
- ITIL® Service Capability: Operational Support & Analysis (OSA)
- ITIL® Service Capability: Planning, Protection & Optimisation (PPO)
- ITIL® Service Capability: Release, Control & Validation (RCV)
- ITIL® Service Capability: Service Offerings & Agreements (SOA)
The capability certificates are each worth 4 credits towards achieving the ITIL® Expert.
The Managing Across The Lifecycle course (worth 5 credits) consolidates knowledge of the service lifecycle and is taken once you have achieved 17 points. Gaining 22 credits through foundation, intermediate (capability and/or lifecycle) enables one to achieve the ITIL® Expert (without further examinations).
All our ITIL® training courses are available in traditional classroom, virtual, e-learning and blended learning formats.