AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
Validate your cloud expertise with an industry-recognized credential and grow your career.
This AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner certification path is intended for individuals who are looking to build and validate overall understanding of the AWS Cloud. This path is useful for individuals in technical, managerial, sales, purchasing, or financial roles who work with the AWS Cloud. Becoming an AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner is a recommended step toward achieving an AWS Associate or Specialty certification.
Abilities Validated by the Certification
- Define what the AWS Cloud is and the basic global infrastructure
- Describe basic AWS Cloud architectural principles
- Describe the AWS Cloud value proposition
- Describe key services on the AWS platform and their common use cases (for example, compute and analytics)
- Describe basic security and compliance aspects of the AWS platform and the shared security model
- Define the billing, account management, and pricing models
- Identify sources of documentation or technical assistance (for example, whitepapers or support tickets)
- Describe basic/core characteristics of deploying and operating in the AWS Cloud
Required Exam and Recommended Training
|Required Exam||Recommended Training|
|AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner (CLF-C01)||AWS Cloud Practitioner Essentials (GK4534)|
AWS certifications are valid for 3 years. To maintain your AWS Certified status, you are required to periodically demonstrate your continued expertise by recertifying. Recertification helps strengthen the overall value of your AWS certification and shows individuals and employers that your credential covers the latest AWS knowledge, skills, and best practices. Learn more at the AWS website.