RHCSA Rapid Track Course with RHCSA Exam (EX200)
- Course Code RH200
- Duration 4 days
Additional Payment Options
GTC 42 inc. VAT
GTC, Global Knowledge Training Credit, please contact Global Knowledge for more details
This course is available in the following formats:
Event at company
Traditional Classroom Learning
Request this course in a different delivery format.
The RHCSA Rapid Track Course with Exam (RH200) is designed for experienced Linux® system administrators who want to expand their technical skill sets and become accredited with the Red Hat® Certified System Administration (RHCSA) certification. To successfully navigate this course, students must already have solid experience with the Linux command line—including the necessary skills to execute common commands, such as cp, grep, sort, mkdir, tar, mkfs, ssh, and yum—and be familiar with accessing man pages for help. At the completion of the course, students will be adequately prepared to take the RHCSA exam.
Practiced Linux or UNIX system administrators who currently manage servers at the enterprise level and skilled Linux system administrators who wish to earn an RHCSA certification.
- Installation, configuration, and management of local storage
- Deployment and maintenance of network services
- Network services: VNC, SSH, FTP, and web
- Securing files with ACLs
- Securing network services with firewall and SELinux
- Managing virtual machines with KVM technology
- Automating installation of Linux using Kickstart
Network configuration and troubleshooting
- Configure, manage, and test network settings.
Managing user accounts
- Manage user accounts, including password aging, and connect to a central LDAP directory service.
Command-line process management
- Launch, monitor, govern, and terminate processes using the Bash command line.
Manage system resources
- Schedule recurring tasks; monitor and manage system logs.
Installing and managing software
- Install software and query with yum using RHN and a custom repository.
Administer remote systems
- Access remote systems using command-line and graphical techniques.
Deploy and secure file-sharing services
- Install and manage basic network services, including firewall configuration.
- Manage SELInux booleans and file system contexts.
Managing simple partitions and file systems
- Manage encrypted partitions, file systems, and swap space.
Using file system Access Control Lists
- Restrict file access with file system ACLs.
Logical volume management
- Understand logical volume concepts and manage logical volumes, including snapshots.
Control the boot process
- Understand runlevels and manage GRUB.
Tune and maintain the kernel
- Pass parameters to the kernel and manage kernel modules.
Manage virtual machines
- Deploy and manage KVM virtual machines.
Automate installation with Kickstart
- Create Kickstart configurations and use them to install Linux.
Get help in a graphical environment
- Access Red Hat documentation and services.
- Full-time Linux administration with 1-3 years of experience
- The following skills:
- Using the Bash shell and managing files and directories from the command line
- Configuring print queues to local and remote printers
- Monitoring system resources at a basic level (ps, kill)
- Managing system software (installing and updating packages with yum)
- Establishing network connectivity using DHCP
- Administering local user and group accounts
- Managing local, physical storage
- Installing Linux graphically on a bare-metal system
- This course prepares you for these credentials:
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator — RHCSA
Follow on CoursesTop
- RHCSA Exam (EX200) Hands-on, performance-based, 2.5-hour exam.
- Red Hat System Administration III with RHCSA and RHCE Exams (RH255)