CAPM — Certified Associate in Project Management
The entry-level CAPM® certification demonstrates your understanding of the fundamental knowledge, terminology and processes of effective project management. Considered an essential step for project managers, the CAPM certification is ideal for less-experienced project practitioners who want to demonstrate their commitment to project management, improve their ability to manage larger projects, earn additional responsibility and stand out to potential employers.
PMP, CAPM, and PMBOK are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Our CAPM exam-preparation courses help you gain the essential skills and knowledge needed to pass the PMI® CAPM exam. In courses taught by PMP®-certified professionals, you will focus on A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) - Fifth Edition, Project Management Institute, Inc., 2013, learn PMI terminology and use learning tools, such as:
- PMBOK® Guide - Fifth Edition
- More than 600 practice questions
- CAPM exam prep study guides
- Flash cards for each knowledge area
- Exercises throughout the course to reinforce PMP and CAPM exam concepts
- Handy reference charts
- Audio CD of key concepts
- Online practice questions and test simulation
To apply for CAPM certification, you must have one of the following:
- A secondary-level diploma (high school or equivalent) and at least 1,500 hours of project management experience
- Twenty-three hours of project management education by the time you sit for the exam
CAPM certifications are valid for five years. To recertify, retake the CAPM exam before the end of your five-year certification cycle.